It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:34

Newbie from Cardiff

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

Newbie from Cardiff

Postby Gatehouse » 22 Jun 2015, 17:25

Hey Guys,

My name's Ryan - bit of a newbie from Cardiff.

I'm a writer/journalist by trade and after deciding to build a writer's den to lock myself away from the family, I'm finding I have to develop a whole new set of skills to get all this work done!

I've never done anything like this before, and aside from buying a kti shed, I've thrown myself in at the deep end - modifying it here and there depending on what I need and the limitations of the shed itself.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can pick up a few tips along the way and will post some WIP pics as I go along!

Cheers guys!
Gatehouse
Seedling

Name:

Re: Newbie from Cardiff

Postby Rob » 22 Jun 2015, 17:59

Welcome Taff :-)

You're in good company here for shed builds...prepare to be avalanched with good advice :-)

What flavour of journalism out of curiosity?
Rob
Sapling

Name:

Postby Gatehouse » 22 Jun 2015, 19:31

Hah thanks - I need all the help i can get!

I'm predominantly a film journalist, but I occasionally dip into TV and videogames.
All the geeky side of things, really :)
Gatehouse
Seedling

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Jun 2015, 20:10

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum. There are a couple of shed builds on here with plenty of good tips and advise.
If you have not already done try and give them a read
MikeGs Workshop Build
and
Wizard9999s (Terry) "shed" sadly the details of earlier stages of this build were lost during a forum malfunction.

I've never built from scratch myself so am reluctant to comment but I am sure other's will be along soon.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to Welcome (Introductions)