It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:32

HELLO ALL

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

HELLO ALL

Postby Alex161 » 31 Aug 2015, 13:12

I've just joined the forum and only posted a couple of replies so far, but enjoy reading all about the various projects that you all get up to.

I'm a bit long in the tooth at 74 and since retiring 5 years ago this month, I have had a few hobbies - photohraphy, Golf, Archery and started woodworking almost 2 years ago with a few tools picked up from friends of my son, who is also enjoying this hobby. We have upgraded th equipment with new bandsaw, dust extractors, P/T and sanders and put together a few bandsaw boxes for fun, but have no intention of getting into 'proper' woodworking - furniture etc, like so many of you.

Started selling a few boxes last October to replenish timber and for which we have a web site at http://www.badgerwoodcrafters.co.uk which I need to udate with more of our boxes.

Alex
Alex161
Seedling

Name: Malcolm

Re: HELLO ALL

Postby TrimTheKing » 31 Aug 2015, 14:21

Welcome Alex

There's a wide range of skills and experience on here from pro's to hobbiests like yourself (and me) so fear not, we're all just here to enjoy what we do.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Andyp » 31 Aug 2015, 17:04

Hi, Alex and welcome to the forum. I have used the location entered in your profile to add you to our members map. There is a link to in the top RH corner of the web page.

There are some really pretty boxes on your website. Maybe when you have image loading sorted you can let us know how you make them.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Alex161 » 31 Aug 2015, 17:25

Now that (sorting images out) may take a bit of doing.

Making the boxes is something I picked up by looking at lots of videos and just having a go. Being able to use a 1/8" blade also helps. particularly with the smaller 'hidden' drawers like this one (I hope)

http://s786.photobucket.com/user/alexam ... sort=3&o=0

That's good - it worked. [img]
Last edited by Alex161 on 01 Sep 2015, 08:04, edited 7 times in total.
Alex161
Seedling

Name: Malcolm

Postby Andyp » 31 Aug 2015, 17:48

You have not quite got the hang of the image posting yet.

You need to copy the string of data that is in the IMG box alongside or below your photo on the Photobucket page and paste it directly into the post. The string of data looks like this:-

[IMG]http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/alexamI/Hiddeen%20Drawer%20bandsaw%20box/B2-S2.jpg[/MG]

I've doctored the above string so that you can see it.

Here is the image

please persevere, once you have the hang of it, it is quite easy - honest.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Commander » 05 Sep 2015, 18:47

Welcome! I had a look at the band saw boxes and they look amazing! Nicely done!
Commander
Sapling

Name: Erich

Return to Welcome (Introductions)