It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:26

Hello from Northern Ireland!

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

Hello from Northern Ireland!

Postby eskimoernie » 13 Feb 2016, 21:49

Hi all,

I'm Ray, 34 from Northern Ireland. Very very new to this woodworking romance, so joined the forum to learn from the very best. I started doing some furniture painting (chalk paint) last year, and gradually digressed into making shavings and sawdust! Some great WIP / projects here, and already I have shed envy.
eskimoernie
Seedling

Name:

Re: Hello from Northern Ireland!

Postby DaveL » 14 Feb 2016, 01:14

Hi Ray, welcome to the forum. You may of noticed that we like pictures, remember without a picture, it didn't happen.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby Robert » 14 Feb 2016, 11:04

Hello and welcome :)
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby eskimoernie » 14 Feb 2016, 11:16

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm spending my Valentine's Day morning looking up the Festool catalogue (and this forum) whilst SWMBO is off beautifying herself. Am I doing this right? :lol:
eskimoernie
Seedling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 14 Feb 2016, 15:04

eskimoernie wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm spending my Valentine's Day morning looking up the Festool catalogue (and this forum) whilst SWMBO is off beautifying herself. Am I doing this right? :lol:

Welcome to our little corner of the woodwork world! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'd say you might be playing a little close to the edge so - take care! :lol:

We do have another member fairly near you - Sam Quigg. He does not visit too often but his profile is

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=78

He was last in here at the end of January - he mainly frequents UKW (hawk - Spit!) but despite that is a nice guy :lol:

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby TrimTheKing » 15 Feb 2016, 21:56

Welcome aboard Ray. Look forward to following your journey in woodworking and spiral into cashless life as tool spending takes hold...

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 25 Feb 2016, 19:35

"'Bout ye, Ray!" For non 'norn iron' speakers: "Hello, nice to make your (virtual) acquaintance Ray". Sorry for the delay in chiming in, I was off visiting Number One Child and hadn't access to the Web for a while.

I'm in East Belfast, 'forenenst' the North Road where it crosses the Upper N'Ards; there are a surprising number of other two-legged termites in the Greater Belfast area and they post here.

Bob (9 fingers) is right, I do seem to post/hangout more 'on t'other side' but that's simply because of the volume of posting -'They' have more than here? My hat goes off here to the likes of Mike Garnham, RogerS, Rob (Bloke) Stoakley, and a few other productive souls that make visiting here a pleasure and an encouragement. Feel free to get in touch if you need help.

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Return to Welcome (Introductions)