It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:32

Greetings Earthlings

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

Greetings Earthlings

Postby Glue and nails » 25 Dec 2018, 15:14

Greetings (festive or otherwise) Earthlings,

I say Earthlings as I am sadly largely out of practice to the world of woodworking. Having started a property business in my 20's, I have a reasonable amount of experience wood-work wise - but with possible bad habits acquired along the way. The business had to stop due to the financial climate back in the 80's, and I ended up working in a completely non-construction related field. I've now ended up with a house needing a great deal of work, and more importantly (from my point of view) a one and a half acre field which is clearly crying out for a monster man-cave. The monster bit may be something of a pipe dream until funding is agreed by SWMBO, but "shy bairns get nae sweeties" so I just need to negotiate an agreement about the vital necessity of having somewhere to construct....er....."useful items".

Happy Xmas to all!
Glue and nails
Seedling

Name:

Re: Greetings Earthlings

Postby Andyp » 25 Dec 2018, 17:00

Greetings and welcome aboard, a one and half acre workshop seems a bit excessive unless you are building aeroplanes. Looking forward to seeing progress on that one.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Glue and nails » 25 Dec 2018, 18:52

Fair point....my thoughts are sometimes adventurous, however not even in my wildest dreams would I seriously contemplate covering the entire acreage. Unfortunately it lies on a compound curve. And I don't "think" I would ever need a workshop that size - unless I win the lottery!
Glue and nails
Seedling

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 25 Dec 2018, 18:53

Greetings from the far South West.

Aeroplane building sounds brill, but I suspect your Mission Control might have something to say about that.

But, you've found the best place ever to learn all about building Creative Annexes!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Mike G » 25 Dec 2018, 19:26

Welcome, Glue and Nails. I've a long thread here on my renovation project, so I'm sure we'd all be interested in following yours.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 25 Dec 2018, 20:19

Sounds interesting building a decent mancave as a basis for your renovation work followed by the job itself

Maybe a semi underground workshop to get good work height and yet stay within PDR building height limits.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Newbie_Neil » 27 Dec 2018, 13:10

Hi Glue and Nails,

Welcome to the forum.