It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:31

Today I have mostly been .....

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Today I have mostly been .....

Postby Newbie_Neil » 27 Jul 2014, 20:49

.... trying to get my Kapex to cut absolutely square. There is an elecronic calculator that works out how many degrees you are out. Unforunately, when I tried to use it the answer was always zero. Eventually, I found out that you had to use it in IE and not Chrome and it gave me a result of -0.0121.

So, armed with my rubber mallet I started to make adjustments and then more adjustments and then even more adjustments, until eventually, I had to go to bed with a sore head.

It would be really useful if Festool had a fine adjustment for the Kapex!! :lol:

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow night.

Neil
Newbie_Neil
New Shoots

Name: Neil

Re: Today I have mostly been .....

Postby 9fingers » 27 Jul 2014, 21:11

I must admit I've never been a fan of the lime green stuff; not that quality is'nt high but not as high as the prices - certainly for DIY use where the cost cannot be written off against tax.

Surprised to hear that there are not fine adjusters built into the Kapex though :shock:

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Steve Maskery » 27 Jul 2014, 21:32

Stuff the calculator, is it right or not?
:)

Take a piece of 4x2. Cut it in half. Flip one half. When put back together, is there a gap? If not then it is Right. If there is, it is out by half the gap.
S
Steve Maskery
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 28 Jul 2014, 09:53

9fingers wrote:I must admit I've never been a fan of the lime green stuff; not that quality is'nt high but not as high as the prices.

Bob

I find that once you've dipped a toe into the lime green waters, it's difficult not to sucked in by the brand because everything is so well thought out and engineered (but not, apparently in the Kapex's adjustments). What irritates me though, is that in many cases you have to buy all the bells n'whistles, even if all you wanted was the basic machine - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Return to General Woodworking