It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:50

Putting the feelers out

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Putting the feelers out

Postby stephen.wood125 » 17 Mar 2017, 13:42

Hi all,

Due to a "wonderful new freshening opportunity"* I find myself looking around my workshop for stuff to sell.

I've a Record BandSaw BS350S with the wheel kit with a few Tuffsaws blades been used about 4 times.

a Festool Rotex RO90 with the delta pad used twice

an Excalibur Contractor saw (TC10RAA) 10" table saw (Delta Contractor Saw Clone) which will take a dado.

Is it worth doing a for sale advert here or just try to eBay them and take my chances?

Open to suggestions, I'm down to my last guitar and amp so I have to start on the tools!

(avoided the violin emoji there)

Thanks!

Stephen.

*relationship breakdown and subsequent massive increase in debt to buy partner out of house
stephen.wood125
New Shoots

Name: Stephen

Re: Putting the feelers out

Postby DaveL » 17 Mar 2017, 13:50

Sorry to hear of your problem, I have been there and have now fully recovered. I don't need any of the kit you have listed but others might be interested.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby TrimTheKing » 17 Mar 2017, 14:10

Sorry to hear that mate. You're more than welcome to try on here first to see if anyone is interested, will save you some fees that way if they do…

I would potentially be interested in the RO90 but the workshop is wiping out my cash now so I'm totally skint right now.

Hope things work out for you, and I'm only down the road if you need a hand with anything…

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Jimmy Mack » 17 Mar 2017, 14:12

Hi Stephen,

A bandsaw is on my wish list...How much are you asking? I'm near Garforth, Leeds

Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Hopefully a good opportunity comes from your new situation.

Jim
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby stephen.wood125 » 17 Mar 2017, 16:05

Thanks for all the kind replies!

So much generosity here. Despite the rational brain knowing you're not the only one It's also a help to hear it's true.

I have a habit of losing perspective :eusa-doh:

For the band saw I was thinking around £450-500 (open to offers) with the wheel kit and all blades etc. It cost me £699 and £65 for the wheels. I guess I have 3 or 4 extra blades for it and it's never been used to cut any curves, I had in mind to do some re-sawing with it but I only did 4 short cuts for a skylight frame and haven't had enough spare cash to buy wood since! It's been stored in a heated dry garage and I always take the tension off.

Thanks guys.
stephen.wood125
New Shoots

Postby Malc2098 » 17 Mar 2017, 16:33

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to here that, too. Hang in there.

Don't get rid of the axe and amp, but if you have to, I've got a Carlsboro valve that can go cheap to a good home anytime, and I could build a fairly basic but cheap Tele, as on my avatar.

Fraid I don't need anything that you've got for sale, but hope it starts moving on this site.

ATB.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Jimmy Mack » 17 Mar 2017, 17:44

stephen.wood125 wrote:Thanks for all the kind replies!

So much generosity here. Despite the rational brain knowing you're not the only one It's also a help to hear it's true.

I have a habit of losing perspective :eusa-doh:

For the band saw I was thinking around £450-500 (open to offers) with the wheel kit and all blades etc. It cost me £699 and £65 for the wheels. I guess I have 3 or 4 extra blades for it and it's never been used to cut any curves, I had in mind to do some re-sawing with it but I only did 4 short cuts for a skylight frame and haven't had enough spare cash to buy wood since! It's been stored in a heated dry garage and I always take the tension off.

Thanks guys.

Stephen I've sent a PM.
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 17 Mar 2017, 17:45

Best of luck Stephen!

I'm afraid my workshop is fully loaded so i can't be of practical help. Our forum is quite small and only members not visitors can see the for sale section (I think). If you meet the UKW criteria (membership for a period and quite a lot of posts) and can comply with their rules, then you will get access to a much larger group of potential purchasers.

HTH

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Andyp » 17 Mar 2017, 18:20

Sorry to hear the news Stephen. Can't help you with kit for sale . Hope you get back on your feet soon.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby stephen.wood125 » 17 Mar 2017, 18:42

Thanks again guys. I'm genuinely moved by all the positivity- something I've not been doing well with lately!

Jim I've responded. Thanks.

@Malc. I'm clinging on :obscene-drinkingcheers: Thanks a lot.

@Bob, thanks that's a good thought. I'm on there but have to check if i meet all criteria.

Cheers all!

Stephen
stephen.wood125
New Shoots

Postby Jimmy Mack » 19 Mar 2017, 22:05

Great to meet up with Stephen in Cheshire today and delighted with the new toy!

Excellent cuppa and shop banter too...maybe too much, as I forgot the mitre gauge! ...d'oh!

Looking forward to getting stuck in with the bandsaw.

Thanks again Stephen [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Pinch » 20 Mar 2017, 19:43

I've only just read your thread Stephen. Don't let the buggers grind you down matey! :P

I've been there twice chap; (1) many years ago, lost everything because of my own stupid and young naivety and (2) about 12 years ago, lost everything - I was unlucky.

Travelling the path of life is a bit like playing a game of golf - the ball sometimes lands on the fairway and other times it lands in the woods.

I used to play a lot of golf and I would often land near the fringe of the fairway, or in the woods. I had a natural fade on the ball and I was a big hitter - and very impatient. I was once looking in a woodland on the side of the fairway when a chap was walking his dog. He looked at me with a grin and said "Oh dear, another golfer lost his ball eh?" I said "Actually mate, I'm looking for my club!" He walked on a bit sharpish! :lol:

Keep positive Stephen. 8-)
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby stephen.wood125 » 21 Mar 2017, 22:19

Thanks Jim Excellent to meet you. Top man! I'll get it in the post to you, Glad you like the saw! Hope it gives you many years of faithful service. :D

Thanks Paul! Great words :text-goodpost: It's a day at a time thing at the moment. What doesn't kill you makes you stranger etc :)
stephen.wood125
New Shoots

Return to General Woodworking