It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:02

Ax Delivery

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Ax Delivery

Postby Woodbloke » 12 Aug 2017, 14:42

I placed an order over the dog n'bone yesterday around 4.15pm for a few bits and pieces for the current job. As it was near the COP on Friday afternoon, I expected the parcel to be delivered Mon or Tues of next week at the latest. Not so, the postie dropped it into the mat at 11.30 this morning, so less than 24hrs even by RM delivery. Not too shabby :D - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Re: Ax Delivery

Postby 9fingers » 12 Aug 2017, 20:44

Woodbloke wrote:I placed an order over the dog n'bone yesterday around 4.15pm for a few bits and pieces for the current job. As it was near the COP on Friday afternoon, I expected the parcel to be delivered Mon or Tues of next week at the latest. Not so, the postie dropped it into the mat at 11.30 this morning, so less than 24hrs even by RM delivery. Not too shabby :D - Rob

Ax always did offer a good delivery. They might have employed some dodgy geezers at times but the service has always been good. :lol: :lol:

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Woodbloke » 12 Aug 2017, 22:49

9fingers wrote:
...have employed some dodgy geezers at times :lol: :lol:

Bob

You may well be correct there Bob :lol: :lol: but I was really surprised with the rapidity of the delivery, given that it was a Friday afternoon(!) and Royal Mail. That said, Ian Styles told me that within 15mins of placing an order it will be picked, packed and on a waggon - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 13 Aug 2017, 10:10

Woodbloke wrote:
9fingers wrote:
...have employed some dodgy geezers at times :lol: :lol:

Bob

You may well be correct there Bob :lol: :lol: but I was really surprised with the rapidity of the delivery, given that it was a Friday afternoon(!) and Royal Mail. That said, Ian Styles told me that within 15mins of placing an order it will be picked, packed and on a waggon - Rob

One of the things that impressed me most when I visited Ax HQ some years back, was the investment into the Pick, Pack, Post automated conveyor system getting everything ready for Royal Snail to just collect in the evenings. Fascinating to watch the barcoded bins navigating around the warehouse even between the floors collecting the items for each order.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Mike G » 13 Aug 2017, 13:33

Yep, fast as hell any time I've ordered from Axminster. They're rather more slapdash about what they put into the boxes, but getting the boxes to you is pretty impressive.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Return to General Woodworking