It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:55

Price for erecting trusses on a double garage roof

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Price for erecting trusses on a double garage roof

Postby meccarroll » 17 Sep 2017, 07:18

Hi all just out of interest I was wondering if anyone on here knew how much the going rate is to erect a double garage roof (pitched roof over a double garage)?

Also an estimate of how long it should take to erect including all facias and bargeboards.

Just so you know I've already put this roof up but may have others to do. The price was fixed.

The size of the roof 5.7m wide by 7m long (length is gable end side).
Rafters spaced every 600mm (0.6m)
Pitch approximately 30 deg.
Two gable ends with wood ladders made on site for overhanging barge boards (ladders not pre made).
Facia and Barge boards in plastic with soffit all around the building including the gables.
Bracing as usual, node points, diagonals in roof and on ceiling joist.

I'll let you know what the price was set at by the builder after I've had a bit of input.

Cheers Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Re: Price for erecting trusses on a double garage roof

Postby meccarroll » 18 Sep 2017, 20:49

I'll let you know the price set by the builder (If I get any input :eusa-think: ) LoL

In a couple of days :D
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Postby MJ80 » 18 Sep 2017, 21:31

Something like £250 to £300, you provide the paslode nails
MJ80
Sapling

Name:

Postby meccarroll » 20 Sep 2017, 21:29

The price for the roof was £507

This is for a house builder and scaffold is erected and a digger is available to lift materials onto the scaffold but thats it.

Time wise, I had a labourer for four hours on the first morning to help lift the trusses on the wall plate and I took just over three days to complete the roof in total.

I think the price was tight at £507. The scaffold I worked from was not at the right height (too low meaning I had to use a hop up and move it around to work from) nor was the roof decked out inside the garage (would have given a working platform internally) , had both of these been done I could have saved nearly a day in time.

I think to work on builders pricing strategy, everything need to be in place (materials, scaffolding, weather) as prices are cut to the bone (very tight).

Thank you for the reply.

Regards Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Return to General Woodworking