It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:24

Oregon chainsaw blade part number suffixes - what they mean

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Oregon chainsaw blade part number suffixes - what they mean

Postby oddsocks » 26 Jun 2019, 21:42

A few days ago I purchased a dewalt 54v chainsaw kit (DCM575X1 GB) from FFX for over a £100 less than I could find it anywhere else. That same night I went looking for spare chain(s) and realised its an Oregon chain 90PX056, However different sellers are listing these with no suffix, an E or X (i.e. 90PX056X) and the Oregon website itself only lists 90PX056G.

I asked their customer service what the last suffix meant (as that seems to influence the prices from c £13 to £22) ....it just denotes the packaging used; the chain is the same in all of them. The same applies for any Oregon chain.

Dave
oddsocks
New Shoots

Name: Dave

Re: Oregon chainsaw blade part number suffixes - what they m

Postby TrimTheKing » 26 Jun 2019, 21:53

Good to know, and sad that it's even a thing!

I'd be quite happy if mine came in a cheap, plain brown box, surrounded by shredded bits of old box! Packaging is a massive bugbear of mine, the waste and environmental impact is just huge! :evil:
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Oregon chainsaw blade part number suffixes - what they m

Postby Andyp » 27 Jun 2019, 07:03

Thanks Dave,
A week too late for me :oops: i have just bought an oregon chain with and “e” suffix, came in plain cardboard box.
I see that I could of bought, unboxed perhaps, from here, would have been a couple of quid cheaper. https://www.chainsdirect.co.uk/catalogs ... q=91VXL052

Interesting that an M prefix denotes a harder wearing chain for dirty wood, would have been ideal for me.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to General Woodworking