It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:27

Lathe Bench / Router Table

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Lathe Bench / Router Table

Postby Andyp » 21 Oct 2014, 14:31

Some of you may remember that I have a very large router table that for some time I have been thinking is just too big for the workshop. I have had a lathe bolted to the rear of it for the past 6 months but today I was wanting to experiment with various profiles for an upcoming mirror frame.

I discovered that by cutting away a couple of small sections of the front T track I was able to mount the fence from the front rather than the rear, which is impossible to do without removing the lathe.

Also for the first time I was able to use the excellent dust extraction port that the maker of this table built before I bought it. The plastic blast gate is my addition and is just there to facilitate attaching the flexi hose.
Obviously with the lathe in place I can still only use the table for edge profiling but I am quite pleased that I am at least, once again, able to use it.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Lathe Bench / Router Table

Postby RogerS » 21 Oct 2014, 17:55

I'd have binned that lathe... :lol:

Nice bit of lateral thinking. Keep meaning to cut down my Incra Twin Linear. I must have been mad to buy it.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to General Woodworking