It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:18

Camvac intereference with LW Radio

This is the place to go with all your issues, questions or handy hints on all things related to motors, electrickery, engineering, metalwork etc...

Re: Camvac intereference with LW Radio

Postby Andyp » 11 Oct 2017, 07:16

RogerS wrote:This business about not streaming outside the UK...how do they technically manage this? Your IP address ? If so could you not use a UK proxy ? Or the TOR browser.

Yes afaik streaming is restricted via IP address.

I have used UK proxies in the past but they very quickly get blocked. I just want to go in the kitchen press a button and listen to the radio, not faff around looking for an available proxy first. Remember this works fine at the moment unless the camvac is on.
I will have a look at the TOR browser, that is a new one on me.

As I said the best and easiest solution is keep the missus out of the kitchen at the weekend.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Andyp » 11 Oct 2017, 07:23

TrimTheKing wrote:
RogerS wrote:This business about not streaming outside the UK...how do they technically manage this? Your IP address ? If so could you not use a UK proxy ? Or the TOR browser.

Geo-IP. Use a VPN, depending on your device.

I stream all the live football using a raspberry pi with kodi imstalled and run a VPN on it to mask my IP. Never looked into whether there’s a VPN for iPhone but perhaps a cheap android phone with VPN would solve all these issues...

Cheers
Mark

That all sounds so simple Mark. As said above, I'll just stick with doing the cooking at the weekend.

If and when the BBC do stop transmitting Radio 4 in LW I may ask you for a tutorial.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Andyp » 11 Oct 2017, 07:58

I am not hopeful that the TOR browser will let me listen to BBC sports broadcasts that are rights protected.

It will not even let me open the CBBC page which has been UK only for a few years now. In the status bar I can see that www.assetmanager.bbcchannels.com gets involved. Interesting but I think I am back to do the cooking.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Rod » 11 Oct 2017, 10:02

I’ve got Tunnel Bear on my iPhone but have never used it.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 27 Jun 2019, 12:21

Problem solved, partly. Just been given an Amazon echo which with simple voice commands will play Radio 4, Smooth, Talk Sport etc no problem. Still not got around to sorting a VPN for a rights issues work around.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Previous

Return to Engineering - Electrical/Metalworking