It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:45

Old project - Improved Crown guard for TS200 saw

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Re: Old project - Improved Crown guard for TS200 saw

Postby Robert » 03 Apr 2017, 09:15

It looks like the front of your guard is open. Doesn't that allow some dust to be thrown forwards? or do you have strong extraction connected?

My guard works even if the hose is not connected to extraction. The blade creates an air flow that carries dust down the hose.

I don't have a problem with it pushing backwards when the work piece hits the front as it is bayonet fitted to my home made riving knife. I do lose some depth of cut but rarely find that a problem.

If you do change the front angle you could try filling in the front at the same time - assuming it is open as it looks in the picture.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby MikeJhn » 25 May 2017, 01:35

Ah ha, you spotted the deliberate mistake, I have a 2000M/3 extractor connected, but in fact the photo shows the guard at an early stage prior to finishing the lead in and rear closing piece, this has now been completed, I will post another picture once I get back to the workshop.

Mike
MikeJhn
Seedling

Name:

Postby MikeJhn » 07 Jun 2017, 21:18

All up and running, takes all the dust off the work top, really pleased with it.

Mike
MikeJhn
Seedling

Name:

Postby Phil » 27 Jun 2018, 17:10

Forgotten about this one.

Robert is a * (star just in case someone misinterprets)

Will print and bookmark.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Previous

Return to Machines & Power Toolery