It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:31

Finally!

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Finally!

Postby mailee » 22 Oct 2015, 23:23

I am very happy to say I have sorted a problem I have had for over 1 year now. After the motor went on my compressor I replaced it with a new one of the same type and size as the original. After the replacement it would pump up pressure to about 100 PSI and then struggle and almost stop before increasing in speed and then reach it's cut off. With the help of a friend we replaced the capacitor, belt, pressure switch and checked the wiring all without any success. Well today I have finally sorted it! I had to replace the drain valve so decided to give it a good service and a clean up. After the service I plugged it into the socket which happens to be close to the fuse box and it ran fine building up pressure and cutting out without slowing at all! i then returned it to the spray room and tried again and you guessed....... it it ran slow again. It looks like there is a voltage drop over the length of the wiring in the workshop so I am moving the compressor into the main shop and running the airlines into the spray room instead. I can alter the drop in air pressure and it would be cheaper than running large cables into the spray room. job sorted. :eusa-dance:
mailee
New Shoots

Name:

Re: Finally!

Postby Mike G » 22 Oct 2015, 23:51

Believe it or not, that exact advice was actually in the instructions with my first cheapo single cylinder un-lubricated DIY-type compressor. Don't use on an extension cable, extend the airline instead.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery