It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:09

Multico Jointer

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Multico Jointer

Postby Davidakky » 26 Nov 2015, 11:05

Hi everyone,
I have a 9" Multico Jointer that's a superb workhorse and produces a fantastic surface.
However, I have recently moved shop and the infeed bed has become 1mm higher at the end furthest from the cutter head so everything that gets planed has narrow ends and a wider middle!
Does anyone know how to adjust the table bed in order to bring it co-planer with the outfeed bed?
I've taken as much of the attachments off as I can and can't find any altering nuts etc so maybe they are hidden or I am completely wrong.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David
Davidakky
Seedling

Name:

Re: Multico Jointer

Postby DaveL » 26 Nov 2015, 22:55

I have a Multico 9 inch planner, but have not had to adjust the tables to get them co-plainer. I will take look at it over the weekend there might be something to jog my memory.
I wonder if there is any slack in the table mounting holes, if it got lifted by the table, the slack k could now be all in one direction. You could try cracking the bolts and leaning on the table.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Re: Multico Jointer

Postby podengo » 29 Nov 2015, 23:24

I had a 12inch multico, from memory it worked on a lever for front table movement and the table being supported on 2 shafts which have eccentric adjustments. I had to make a C spanner to adjust.
podengo
Seedling

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery