It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:44

Festool fever?

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Festool fever?

Postby Wizard9999 » 02 Jan 2016, 13:02

Really!?! Wish I had not started using mine...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Festo ... SwHPlWgqzi

No connection to seller or item. Not a suggestion to bid. No desire to offend if people on here are bidding, but looks crazy to me!

Terry
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Re: Festool fever?

Postby Doug » 02 Jan 2016, 13:09

Damn you Terry, here's me unable to bid on EBay & you push that tempting morsel right under my nose :lol: :lol:
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 02 Jan 2016, 14:14

Doug wrote:Damn you Terry, here's me unable to bid on EBay & you push that tempting morsel right under my nose :lol: :lol:

Doug, if eBay is the problem you can have my lightly used one for a mere £22 :lol: .

Terry.

PS I followed the link to your Instagram page and from there to your Facebook entry (my first ever visit to Satan's website ;) ). Not a member of either so not sure I can see as much as I would otherwise be able, but was interested in the fence on your router table build, if you had the time to post a few pictures on here and a bit of detail I for one would find it very interesting. Also thought that brush handle looked absolutely lovely. Looks like you are a very talented chap :eusa-clap: .
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Postby TrimTheKing » 02 Jan 2016, 14:40

Wizard9999 wrote:Also thought that brush handle looked absolutely lovely. Looks like you are a very talented chap :eusa-clap: .

Don't bloody tell him that Terry!

He is, but we don't tell HIM that!

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Doug » 02 Jan 2016, 15:40

Wizard9999 wrote:
Doug, if eBay is the problem you can have my lightly used one for a mere £22 :lol: .

Yebbut it's gotta be brand new in a box :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wizard9999 wrote:
PS I followed the link to your Instagram page and from there to your Facebook entry (my first ever visit to Satan's website ;) ). Not a member of either so not sure I can see as much as I would otherwise be able, but was interested in the fence on your router table build, if you had the time to post a few pictures on here and a bit of detail I for one would find it very interesting. Also thought that brush handle looked absolutely lovely. Looks like you are a very talented chap :eusa-clap: .

I don't bother much with Facebook myself Terry, most of my stuff on it is old, I prefer Instagram these days as a lot of friends post there & it's so easy to post up photos.
I'll try & dig out the router fence photos, re the brush handle if it's this one

I made it for Jonny D think his username is Bungle on here, now he is a very talented designer maker.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 02 Jan 2016, 16:54

Doug wrote:
Wizard9999 wrote:

Yebbut it's gotta be brand new in a box :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you're out of luck there, it was never in a box. Bunged in the bag as a freeby when I bought something at the D&M show.

Doug wrote:
Wizard9999 wrote:

I don't bother much with Facebook myself Terry, most of my stuff on it is old, I prefer Instagram these days as a lot of friends post there & it's so easy to post up photos.
I'll try & dig out the router fence photos, re the brush handle if it's this one

I made it for Jonny D think his username is Bungle on here, now he is a very talented designer maker.

That's the one. I presume you laminated the wood first and then turned the handle?

Seems Bungle is not posting on the site anymore, or at least I have not seen anything from him. Real shame, the things he posted were really good. If you know him maybe you can try and persuade him to post some more things he has been making recently.

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Postby Doug » 02 Jan 2016, 17:39

I was only joshing Terry re the mug, I have a few Festool tools :eusa-whistle: so have quite a collection of freebies ;)

Wizard9999 wrote:
That's the one. I presume you laminated the wood first and then turned the handle?

Seems Bungle is not posting on the site anymore, or at least I have not seen anything from him. Real shame, the things he posted were really good. If you know him maybe you can try and persuade him to post some more things he has been making recently.

Terry.

Jon was over on Tuesday's to turn a mallet, he'd already glued the Wenge & Maple prior to arriving & used it on the mallet handle

He didn't make a bad job saying he's not a turner

The brush I made was the off cut from the handle, he saw my brush & asked if I could make him one, I know he's busy but I'm hoping to go over soon to use his 4 sider so I'll see if I can persuade him.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 07 Jan 2016, 17:09

Well I hope the lucky winner of that auction does better than me, my Festool mug has started leaking. No visible cracks anywhere but it is definitely leaking!
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Postby chippy1970 » 08 Jan 2016, 01:39

I was watching that mug Terry lol

I got one too at the D&m show, I know a few of the Festool guys quite well and managed to scrounge one as I was getting bored with my old Festool mug.

Have you seen the guy selling a Festool calendar on there. Think it's up to a tenner lol , I got one through the post the other day but I've given it to the wife.

Best one I've ever seen was an item I put on for fun really. I was selling some old style systainer tool boxes and had a lump of polystyrene that came with one designed to hold 2 Panasonic drills. Stuck it on for 99p to see if anyone bid on it. It ended on a Sunday afternoon and the winning bid was £80 :) lol

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby chippy1970 » 08 Jan 2016, 01:42

Wizard9999 wrote:Well I hope the lucky winner of that auction does better than me, my Festool mug has started leaking. No visible cracks anywhere but it is definitely leaking!

Is it covered by the 3 year warranty ;)

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 08 Jan 2016, 07:54

chippy1970 wrote:Best one I've ever seen was an item I put on for fun really. I was selling some old style systainer tool boxes and had a lump of polystyrene that came with one designed to hold 2 Panasonic drills. Stuck it on for 99p to see if anyone bid on it. It ended on a Sunday afternoon and the winning bid was £80 :)

Very nice! Next week I shall be checking my neighbours' bins for polystyrene inserts :lol: .

Terry.

PS for anyone who missed the mug there is a Festool windscreen scraper up for auction at the moment that can be had for a mere £11.50 at the current level of bidding.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Postby Doug » 09 Jan 2016, 09:19

Wizard9999 wrote:
PS for anyone who missed the mug there is a Festool windscreen scraper up for auction at the moment that can be had for a mere £11.50 at the current level of bidding.

I saw that, only because since clicking the link to the mug EBay have been sending me emails telling me about other Festool auctions "sigh"
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby chippy1970 » 09 Jan 2016, 16:56

Doug wrote:
Wizard9999 wrote:

I saw that, only because since clicking the link to the mug EBay have been sending me emails telling me about other Festool auctions "sigh"

Yeah I've noticed that recently. You only have to look at something on eBay and then you keep getting emails asking if you are still interested in the blah blah blah

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Doug » 09 Jan 2016, 17:37

Re Festool fever I bought a Festool DWC Duradrive last year when they had an offer on buying a bare tool, as I had a Quadrive I though I could utilise the batteries on the Duradrive.
Last week I finally had the opportunity to put it through its paces on a kitchen remodel, it really is an awesome piece of kit, so much better than the Makita I tried.

Should have bought one years ago, makes boarding ceilings so much easier.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 09 Jan 2016, 18:21

Or this Duradrive ?

http://arkiv.maskin.skanska.se/Dokument ... 147-20.pdf by Protool.

Very confused.

Doug, how does the Festool/Protool compare with what was/is generally considered to be the 'best' ..Sens??? -something IIRC ?
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby chippy1970 » 09 Jan 2016, 18:50

Do you mean SENCO Roger ? If so most of the drywall guys I've met prefer the hilti ones.

I do like those Festool ones though, I got to use one years ago just before it was released to the public. I liked the way it didn't power up until you press the screw against the wall. Most of that type have a motor that runs all the time then when you press against the screw it engages the clutch. Their one only runs when you press so seems less noisy.

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Andyp » 10 Jan 2016, 11:06

chippy1970 wrote:Best one I've ever seen was an item I put on for fun really. I was selling some old style systainer tool boxes and had a lump of polystyrene that came with one designed to hold 2 Panasonic drills. Stuck it on for 99p to see if anyone bid on it. It ended on a Sunday afternoon and the winning bid was £80 :) lol

Did the winning bidder actually cough up the cash?
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby chippy1970 » 10 Jan 2016, 11:12

Yeah I thought it was some sort of con but the woman paid up straight away. She obviously desperately needed that polystyrene the other guy must have too

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Doug » 10 Jan 2016, 11:49

RogerS wrote:Or this Duradrive ?

Very confused.

Doug, how does the Festool/Protool compare with what was/is generally considered to be the 'best' ..Sens??? -something IIRC ?

Protool isn't a brand I've used Rog though more than likely like Bessy who make clamps for Festool there is a Festool/ Protool tie in, I read somewhere that they also had some sort of tie in with Fein though I don't know how true that is.
My previous drywall screwdriver was a 110v DeWalt which wasn't auto fed but certainly didn't owe me a penny as it lasted me years from when I first started using screws rather than nails more years ago than I care to remember.

The main reason I went for the Festool was as I already had the batteries & charger it made it a very cheap option buying the bare tool, plus working on scaffold with a power tool with a lead like my old DeWalt can be a pain.

Also what I particularly like about the Festool other than the auto feed is it will work on non branded colleted screws, I've been using Screwfix screws which are easily available for me, I'd read previously on forums that some brands could be temperamental when not using matching brand screws.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby chippy1970 » 10 Jan 2016, 17:27

Doug wrote:
RogerS wrote:Or this Duradrive ?

Very confused.

Protool isn't a brand I've used Rog though more than likely like Bessy who make clamps for Festool there is a Festool/ Protool tie in, I read somewhere that they also had some sort of tie in with Fein though I don't know how true that is.
My previous drywall screwdriver was a 110v DeWalt which wasn't auto fed but certainly didn't owe me a penny as it lasted me years from when I first started using screws rather than nails more years ago than I care to remember.

The main reason I went for the Festool was as I already had the batteries & charger it made it a very cheap option buying the bare tool, plus working on scaffold with a power tool with a lead like my old DeWalt can be a pain.

Also what I particularly like about the Festool other than the auto feed is it will work on non branded colleted screws, I've been using Screwfix screws which are easily available for me, I'd read previously on forums that some brands could be temperamental when not using matching brand screws.

Doug,

Protool was owned by tts who also own many other companies including Festool and tanos who make the systainers.

Protool was closed down a few years back and some of the tools were kept but rebranded to Festool. The drywall guns were brought over to Festool also the sword saws (chainsaw on a rail)

Oh and the Fein thing was quite recent . Fein went in with Festool to develop their multitool the vecturo. Trouble is I've got the way cheaper fein multimaster and I personally think it's better than the Festool one lol.

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Doug » 10 Jan 2016, 21:51

That explains a lot thanks Chippy.
I remember talking to a company at W10 who were selling Tanos systainers, at the time I though it strange a company selling just the systainers not able to undercut the Festool price, but if they are both owned by the same company that'll be why.

I used a Fein multimaster years ago & was very impressed with it but ended up going for the Makita version when they bought it out again as a bare tool as I already had quite a few of their 18v li tools. I did hear Festool had some teething troubles with their version of the multitool.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Newbie_Neil » 11 Jan 2016, 14:21

The best Festool marketing bit that I've received was the screen cleaner for the phone. It's so good that my wife collared it. :lol: :lol:
Newbie_Neil
New Shoots

Name: Neil

Postby chippy1970 » 11 Jan 2016, 20:10

Newbie_Neil wrote:The best Festool marketing bit that I've received was the screen cleaner for the phone. It's so good that my wife collared it.

I got one of those through the post the other day too.

chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 12 Jan 2016, 00:07

I clearly need to buy more Festool kit as I haven't seen one of those :( .
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Postby chippy1970 » 22 Jan 2016, 19:32

Doug wrote:Re Festool fever I bought a Festool DWC Duradrive last year when they had an offer on buying a bare tool, as I had a Quadrive I though I could utilise the batteries on the Duradrive.
Last week I finally had the opportunity to put it through its paces on a kitchen remodel, it really is an awesome piece of kit, so much better than the Makita I tried.

Should have bought one years ago, makes boarding ceilings so much easier.

If anyone is after one of these guns I noticed tts are selling off a few sets with the older 4.2ah batteries on eBay for £330 plus post. Tts is Festool if you don't know

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk
chippy1970
New Shoots

Name:

Next

Return to Machines & Power Toolery