It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:06

My new toy

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

My new toy

Postby TrimTheKing » 29 Jul 2014, 00:12

Yesterday, while putting together a cheap bike shed we bought, the kids were, as per usual, wanting to help out and were stealing nails to bang into scraps of wood, then Tilly wanted to screw something in and was trying to use my 24v hand drill, but being a 5 year old it was much too unwieldy for her to do safely.

Walking around Homebase today to get the paint for the shed I saw these little fella's and decided to make a purchase, not only as it's a handy size for in cabinet work, but also so the kids can play. At £29.99 too I thought it was a bargain and almost disposable if they decide to somehow smash it up, but it's a really solid and well put together little thing so I think it would take a hell of a beating to cause it any damage.

Tried it out on a few scraps and 3" screws today and it seems to have a decent amount of torque for the size. If you scroll up and down that whole page, they also have a decent collection of cool little add on's for it too! :D

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: My new toy

Postby Andyp » 29 Jul 2014, 07:11

Lucky kids. :D
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: My new toy

Postby DaveL » 29 Jul 2014, 11:55

I bought a cheap electric screwdriver for my grandson, along with a box of screws, he has a great time with it. After he has gone home, I take the screws out of what is now fire wood, ready for him to use again, next time he visits. :D
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Return to Machines & Power Toolery