It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:34

Elu EBS3401A1 Bandsaw

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Elu EBS3401A1 Bandsaw

Postby woodstalker » 31 Jul 2016, 20:56

So i took a punt on a £40 Elu tabletop bandsaw on eBay and picked it up today. It runs but is a bit tatty and been standing a while.

The 3 blades it has are more than a little rusty; can anyone recommend some good replacements?

Anyone know anything about these? I know they were once Swiss but bought out by Dewalt a few years back but other than that i thought for £40 it was a good starter anyway, although i accept i will need to invest in some new parts (like the blades) to get the best out of it.

woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Re: Elu EBS3401A1 Bandsaw

Postby 9fingers » 31 Jul 2016, 21:29

Best supplier for blades is Tuffsaws.

Advice on blade types and tooth pitches freely given for your applications.

You will likely need more than one type of blade.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby woodstalker » 31 Jul 2016, 21:33

9fingers wrote:Best supplier for blades is Tuffsaws.

Advice on blade types and tooth pitches freely given for your applications.

You will likely need more than one type of blade.

Bob

Coincidentally, Bob, i was just looking at their website! Just opened up the casing to remove the blade thats on there and coil it up with the other two to find that the previous owner was not one for dust extraction, absolutely stuffed full. So will be vacuuming that out tomorrow (don't tell Mrs Woodstalker because i don't have a shop vacuum yet so will be using the domestic one :eusa-whistle: )

I will email Tuffsaws and see what they advice regarding blades, i will get a couple with different TPI and width etc to cover what i think i will be using it for.

Cheers

James
woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby woodstalker » 01 Aug 2016, 21:12

Had a great email back from Ian John at Tuffsaws and i have 3 new blades in the post for £30 which is pretty good i think.

Also took Mrs Woodstalkers vacuum to the inside of the saw body just now, its made a hell of a difference but the vacuum cleaner smells a bit odd now, maybe she won't notice? :eusa-pray:
woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 01 Aug 2016, 21:21

Ian is a first class chap. He originally worked for a bandsaw blade supplier - Dragon saws. When that went TU he set up on his own working out of his garage making blades and now has his own premises and growing nicely. Throughout he has continued to give free advice and a personal touch to all his blades. I've not heard a bad word about his products.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby woodstalker » 01 Aug 2016, 21:23

Hi Bob, yes i was very impressed; gave me the run down on the machine and then advised on 3 different blades they supply for differing work, very comprehensive and no hard sell. Happy to do business with him, looking forward to trying out the blade in the saw if i don't knacker it "tinkering" and "exploring" it's inner workings first (i have history...)

James
woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 11 Aug 2016, 16:08

Ian is one of the most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with and my experiences with him echo yours James. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Andyp » 11 Aug 2016, 19:05

Another thumbs up from me too. Ian turned my blades inside out when he recognised my Inca saw was back to front.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby woodstalker » 12 Aug 2016, 07:22

Blades arrived the other week along with the replacement track for my pillar drill table raiser. Got a stack of. Timber so plan is to build a temporary workbench over the weekend, start my summer hols today too so hopefully more progress to write about.

Then it's a case of getting the bandsaw up on the bench and setting it all up without removing any limbs!
woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery