It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:23

Looking for olive green(Startrite) paint

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Looking for olive green(Startrite) paint

Postby tracerman » 17 Apr 2018, 11:21

People - I am about to remove my Startrite Cyclair 75 extractor from the rotting shed in which it has stood for about 15 years , before the shed falls down , and move it into my garage/workshop . It was , if memory serves , an olive green metalflake type of paint but it's faded and rust-spotted so I want to tart it up . The Hammerite dark green in B&Q is too dark and I cant find anything else in the range suitable . Any suggestions welcome - it doesn't have to be metalflake nessercelery .

Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Re: Looking for olive green(Startrite) paint

Postby Andyp » 17 Apr 2018, 16:03

Is there a small detachable piece that you could take to a car paint shop for them to mix and a match?
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Looking for olive green(Startrite) paint

Postby tracerman » 17 Apr 2018, 16:30

Andy - thanks for that thought . There's isn't really , however I realized its very similar in colour to my old Elektra Beckum H260 PT . Now Metabo , they are actually in the Nursling Ind.Estate , very near me . I phoned them and was told " their all blue now , you might get something from Germany " . To be honest the colour isn't crucial so the car sprayer boys might be the answer .
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Return to Machines & Power Toolery