It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:00

Workzone wet/dry vac

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Workzone wet/dry vac

Postby Malc2098 » 25 Oct 2018, 20:28

It really sucks!

Yes, I mean it!

I was rounding over some leftover bamboo work surface cut into small pieces all about chopping board size, Christmas presented for the family, and I had the Workzone attached to the Veritas magnetic dust chute stuck on the steel router table when I though it's not really sucking as well as I thought it could.

Then I thought about how long I'd been using it with this first bag in it. It's got to be since before June, because that's the first image on my photostream that shows the little machine in my 'shop!

So I stopped everything and opened the top.
IMG_2376.JPG
(214.72 KiB)

The I tried to get the blighter of the bag out! It wasn't the bag that came with the machine. It was part of a batch I bought online, which were bigger!

Well, I tried to get it out of the machine's body, but it was so full that I couldn't get it past the input elbow that I ripped it a bit. And when I could, it was that heavy that I nearly spilled it everywhere.
IMG_2377.JPG
(216.05 KiB)

This is usually plumbed in to the Kapex which is plugged in to the Workzone. I also used it with the router, the mortiser, the pillar drill and I vacuum the floor with it.

For a penny under fifty quid, I reckon it's brilliant!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Re: Workzone wet/dry vac

Postby DaveL » 25 Oct 2018, 21:33

I have one of those, never used the bags. You are quite right it really does suck. I run a saw dust burning wood stove in the shop for heating and the content of the drum goes into the burner as fuel.
My cyclone dust collector puts the dust and shavings in a dust bin on casters there are 2 allowing a relatively quick swap when the bin gets full. I have bags filled with shavings stored in the back of the garage, they will be brought out as the weather gets colder, the stove keeps the shop usable all winter.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Re: Workzone wet/dry vac

Postby will1983 » 29 Oct 2018, 12:07

I have a very similar version sold by screwfix under their Titan brand.

I bought in an emergency in the middle of a project when I blew up the Dyson! So far it has been excellent, in fact The Other Half has used it around the house and despite the noise prefers it the Dyson's replacement. Plenty of suck and the bags take a very surprising amount of material.

I looked at modifying the bags to make them reusable but failed miserably, however at about £1.50 a bag the cost of replacement is negligible. I only use this for general clean up and smaller handheld tools, all my big tools are connected to my Thien separator which has a 70l bin underneath so doesn't need emptying to often. When I do though the contents goes straight into the compost bin for later use in the garden.
Check out my Instagram account cheshire_cats_workshop for more stuff I have been working on.
Cheshire Cats Workshop Website
will1983
New Shoots

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery