It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:54

Aldi Track Saw

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Aldi Track Saw

Postby Robert » 08 Feb 2019, 13:46

They had the sheppach track saw with its workzone branding on offer a while back and I bought one for £79 along with the 2 x 700mm tracks it comes with. Having bought it I hardly used it as the short tracks were no good for a full sheet.

Evolution now do a track saw and for it they sell a 2.8m track set with 2 clamps and a storage bag. It was around £100 and I wasn't going to buy until I needed it... and i wasn't sure it would match the sheppach.
Amazon then dropped it to £80 and as they are easy to return things to I bought the track.

It fits the saw fine. It is different to the Aldi track though so I can't join a 700 to a 1400 but that doesn't matter.

The levels at the join on the evolution track were not perfect and I had to gently bend the cutting edge to make it sit level. Apart from that all good.

The spring return on the sheppach was far too strong and made it awkward to use. So following something I found on youtube I took the spring out and cut 15mm off. Perfectly weighted now and much easier to keep plunged.

So I think it turned out OK for £160 total. Might treat it to a better blade but it seems to cut OK as it is.
Couldn't justify to myself something more 'professional' given how little I expect to use it.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Re: Aldi Track Saw

Postby TrimTheKing » 08 Feb 2019, 15:26

Looks good. Have a look on Peter Millard's YouTube site, he has recently done a 7 long series of videos on every aspect of track saws and covers the Aldi/Scheppach ones. Also shows how to join the tracks together...
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Aldi Track Saw

Postby tabs » 26 Feb 2019, 00:20

Thanks, I was wondering how I was going to get decent cuts on the 8x4 osb boards when I line my workshop. This may do the job!?
tabs
New Shoots

Name: Tez

Return to Machines & Power Toolery