It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:38

Warco Milling Machine

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Warco Milling Machine

Postby mabazza ritchie » 04 Jun 2019, 20:45

Evening,

A quick query. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Warco KF-VO-A2F milling machine?

I have been offered one and don't know what sort of price is reasonable. Also, are the machines any good?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
mabazza ritchie
New Shoots

Name:

Re: Warco Milling Machine

Postby 9fingers » 04 Jun 2019, 21:44

mabazza ritchie wrote:Evening,

A quick query. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Warco KF-VO-A2F milling machine?

I have been offered one and don't know what sort of price is reasonable. Also, are the machines any good?

Thanks in advance.

I have a smaller one from the same range badged by Myford. They called it the VMC and I think your one was called the VMF and is about a 3/4 size Bridgeport knock off. I've had mine from new in the late 80s and it has been well looked after.
Value depend very much on condition. Spares are usually made of unobtainium other than bearings which are standard parts worldwide.
Check that the feedscrew backlash is minimal or can still be adjusted out with the screws on the feed nuts. If all the adjustment has been taken up already then don't expect to buy new ones.
Check that quill drive splines are quiet running otherwise their clattering will drive you mad and again spares will be rare.

A lot of these machines ended up in schools where they went through hell only to find their way onto the S/H market when elfin safety hit the schools and anything practical went into "Design & Technology" and workshops were stripped out.

Good Luck

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby mabazza ritchie » 05 Jun 2019, 07:24

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I have had a look around but can't seem to find any second hand market example for an idea of price. I am keen to buy one more out of interest than necessity at the moment so don't want to go overboard; especially if parts are non existent!

The one I am looking at locally was bought in the 80's by a university for their workshop but the workshop closed shortly after and there the machines sat until about 10 years ago. They were then all put into storage where they remain.

Thanks again

mabazza ritchie
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Woodster » 05 Jun 2019, 11:08

I’m Not familiar with that particular machine but I have a Warco VMC and it’s been pretty good.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery