It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:55

Guard for my Multico planer

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Re: Guard for my Multico planer

Postby furnman » 17 Nov 2015, 01:20

Hi David
What machine do you have ???,is it a multico? maybe if you tell us and include a photo I am sure we can help,
furnman
Seedling

Name: Mark

Re: Guard for my Multico planer

Postby 9fingers » 26 Nov 2015, 12:55

Davidakky wrote:Looks very good and very typical of US cutter block covers.
On another topic regarding the Multico jointer, I have just moved shop and the infeed table is raised at the end furthest away from the cutter head by about 1mm. Do you have any idea how to adjust this as I can make head nor tail of how to make this adjustment!
Cheers,
David
Custom Wood

I'm not familiar with your particular model but as the problem has surfaced after a workshop move, it rather looks like the tables have been used as convenient handles when lifting :o

Next time only move the machine on two lengths of timber attached to the central section of the machine in the manner of a sedan chair.
Depending on the design, there maybe scope for adding shims to correct the error or it maybe that some fixing bolts holding the cutting depth adjustment to the main body can be slackened and the adjustment done that way. What ever you do only make small movements at a time and understand the effect of each change before making another one. Furthermore make sure the tables stay coplanar across the width of the cut as well as end to end.
Lots of patience needed!
Good luck
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Previous

Return to Machines & Power Toolery