It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

Mixing 'n' Matching Triton and Makita?

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Mixing 'n' Matching Triton and Makita?

Postby Wizard9999 » 17 Oct 2014, 11:14

I am hoping for a bit of technical input, before spending money unnecessarily.

I have bought a Triton TRA001 and also have a Makita SP6000J plunge saw and tracks. Ultimately the Triton will be dedicated to a router table. I was thinking of buying a second router and was tending towards a Makita as I can then buy an adaptor that will allow it to run on the tracks used by the plunge saw.

However, Triton also have a track saw and as far as I can tell from pictures online the track looks the same profile as the Makita track (which I had already understood was the same as Festool's track). But I can't seem to find any information anywhere online about Triton producing any sort of adaptor to allow their routers to run on their track.

My questions are:
Does anyone know if the Makita and Triton tracks are interchangeable?
Do Triton make an adaptor to allow their router to run on their track, and if so, who stocks it?

If the answer to both is yes, then I could save myself the cost of a second router, even if in the long term I do decide to buy one.

Thanks,
Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Re: Mixing 'n' Matching Triton and Makita?

Postby 9fingers » 17 Oct 2014, 11:28

Assuming the Triton has a typical "fence on a pair of rods" arrangement, it would be trivial to make up an adaptor from the block of hardwood to fit those rods to slide on the Makita guide rail system.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Return to Machines & Power Toolery