It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:46

Multico K series mortiser depth-stop

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Multico K series mortiser depth-stop

Postby tracerman » 18 Jan 2015, 13:24

Folks , my 68 year old K3 series Multico mortiser has undergone some small refurbishments recently but there is something bugging me - the depth-stop on the right hand side consists of a bolt passed through a gap between the front face of the machine and a flat steel bar , there was a nut on the outside(right hand) end so I had to use a spanner every time I wanted to re-set the depth . There is now an M8 wingnut but I still need a spanner to ensure tightness . I find it hard to believe that this was the original set-up . If anyone has a picture of what was supposed to be there it would be appreciated . I can ( might) fit a small ball-end lever but I would first rather know what Multico fitted originally in 1947 .

Thanks
Steve .
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Re: Multico K series mortiser depth-stop

Postby DaveL » 18 Jan 2015, 15:24

I have no idea what was originally used, but would a Bristol lever solve your problem?
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Re: Multico K series mortiser depth-stop

Postby tracerman » 18 Jan 2015, 16:43

Davel , I had to look up to see what a Bristol Lever is .... and yes , one of those in steel and steel insert in M8 female would do the trick , but I am hoping to find out what Multico originally used . WDS have them but I'm tempted to go for a small ball-end lever as it would probably be kinder on my arthritic fingers .But thanks for the suggestion .
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Return to Machines & Power Toolery