It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:53

Camvac

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Re: Camvac

Postby 9fingers » 07 Mar 2015, 11:05

I've seen one or two DC over the years with an agitator built into the filter which operates when the main blower/sucker switches off and the worst of the accumulated fine dust will drop out. My involvement has been when the control gear has given trouble and users have been mystified by the extra wiring and built in timer associated with the agitator. I've not had a problem with the agitators themselves to sort out.

I don't use it on my system as the filter are horizontal up on the ceiling. They get taken down once every couple of years and cleaned out in the garden - you should hear the birds coughing after that :lol:

http://vid115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/9fingersphotos/Mvi_0217.mp4
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby stephen.wood125 » 09 Mar 2015, 11:40

Great video, Bob. What a comprehensive system!

I bought the larger SIP machine with the intention of installing some ductwork to machines, but nothing like as advanced as your set up! :shock:

:text-bravo:
stephen.wood125
New Shoots

Name: Stephen

Postby Woodpile » 22 Mar 2015, 13:35

I bought a Camvac but not the model I first mentioned, I went for the wall mounted one, I intend to make a frame to mount it on, I don't want to secure it to the wall just yet, I've got to create a space for it but the first thing I will do is fit a relief vavle, boy does it have some suck! I couldn't find a supplier with any in stock, I have to buy direct from Record, (although it was actually sold by Westcountry Woodworking Machine Ltd.) I ordered online on the 16th, order despatched 17th and delivered 18th, more than happy with the service, plus the 5 year guarantee.

Stew
Woodpile
Seedling

Name: Stew

Postby Andyp » 22 Mar 2015, 17:36

Stew,
I'd be interested to see what design of relief valve you choose. I had fun making mine but it did take a few goes to get right. Positioning was also important.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Wizard9999 » 10 Sep 2015, 11:25

TrimTheKing wrote:
RogerS wrote:The Axi 2200 is a good chip extractor. What did you do to replace the grotty top bag that they supply, Mark? I bought a sub-micron filter cartridge from RB Industrial...probably due for a replacement.

Same as you, not sure which I bought or from where but it wasn't the expensive Axy one.

Cheers
Mark

After much deliberation I ordered one of the 3 HP SiP chip extractors. Plan is to fit a cyclone at the front end and a filter cartridge to replace the bag. For anyone who has bought a cartridge from R&B Industrial or elsewhere what did you do, just provide the size you wanted and the degree of filtering? Do they then just make them to order?

Also, does anyone know if the level of filtering also relates to size, or just the material inside? I want to filter down as far as reasonable, but don't want to end up with something that is too tall for my workshop.

Thanks as ever for any thoughts.

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Previous

Return to Machines & Power Toolery