It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:40

Todays turnings

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Todays turnings

Postby Dalboy » 27 Apr 2015, 19:36

After a morning of cleaning the Caravan and fixing the wiper blades on the car I managed to get into the shed for a little turning time.
Anyway this is the outcome of that time, well I do need to fill my newly made display cabinet don't I

The first is a Zeta pen and the second are three touch screen styluses made from offcuts of pen blanks I have never thrown out. I don't like waste

Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Todays turnings

Postby DaveL » 27 Apr 2015, 20:17

Nice pen. :)
I have also made short things with the left over bit of blanks, that purple bit is one I have used.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Re: Todays turnings

Postby Dalboy » 27 Apr 2015, 20:36

DaveL wrote:Nice pen. :)
I have also made short things with the left over bit of blanks, that purple bit is one I have used.

That is one thing about the Zeta pen because it is shorter than the normal Sierra pens (More suited for smaller hands) you can get two out of a pen blank without any trouble, or in this case have some left over.
The stylus also is one of those kits that you can cut 1/4" off of it without spoiling the end product. Not that you would really want to.
Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)