It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:57

Walnut Bowl

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Walnut Bowl

Postby Dalboy » 08 Jun 2017, 21:45

A Walnut bowl from a truck I got last year which I rough turned which enabled me to turn it as all the movement has now finished. I forgot to measure this one but it is about 11".

Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Walnut Bowl

Postby oddsocks » 08 Jun 2017, 23:02

looks very nice. I've never had the patience to rough turn then leave it for weeks'months to finish off!

Dave
oddsocks
New Shoots

Name: Dave

Postby Dalboy » 08 Jun 2017, 23:34

oddsocks wrote:looks very nice. I've never had the patience to rough turn then leave it for weeks'months to finish off!

Dave

Thank you Dave.

Works out cheaper as I have an old volvo estate and can fill the back with the seats down and the bloke charges me £20. And by rough turning I can then turn them much earlier than if I just put them into rounds. Yes I know that you can turn them to finished when green and let them do their own thing.
Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Phil » 09 Jun 2017, 08:14

Very nice Derek.
Like the simple clean lines.

I got a lot of wild olive last year and just bundled it up in newspaper under the work table. Suppose I should open it up and see what it looks like after a year.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)