It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:39

Pens For Heroes

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Pens For Heroes

Postby Dalboy » 18 Mar 2015, 21:59

Some of the forum members from another site which is for Penturners have started a scheme in that we donate time, pen kits, blanks and even completed pens to something we call Pens for Hero,s. Now this is not anything new as the Americans and Australians already do it for their respective Hero,s.
If anyone is interested then there is a facebook page With the title "Pens for Hero,s" someone called Woody is the main man there along with other helpers.
Some pens have already been dispatched to a couple of places for Veterans. So far they have been lucky that a couple of suppliers have donated pen kits and blanks as well as different people donating time to make them as well as other making and donating whole pens.
If you feel that you would like to get involved then come and have a look at the facebook page. Ask any questions that you want

Pens For Hero,s
Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Pens For Heroes

Postby TrimTheKing » 18 Mar 2015, 22:05

Cheers Derek

A worthy cause and had I any skills (and access to my lathe!!) then I would contribute also. Good luck and well done c

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Pens For Heroes

Postby Dalboy » 01 Apr 2015, 12:40

Some of you may know Bill Mooney from other websites but he has just posted this thank you note for the work done

Pens for Blind Veterans UK

This is an email to say thank you to the members of Pens for Heroes & obviously members of this forum who are part of that group.
The email is from Steve Boswell, R&T Manager of Blind Veterans UK, Llandudno.

Hi Everyone,

Our special friend from the North East, Mr Bill Mooney has yet again generously donated 30 hand crafted pens to be sold on Reception with all proceeds going to Blind Veterans UK, Llandudno.

These incredible pens are all unique and have been hand-crafted by Bill and a number of other extremely talented individuals from a Pens4Heroes Facebook forum.

If you buy one of these amazing pens please join me in sending our sincere gratitude and thanks to both Bill and all of the members in the Pens4Heroes forum, their kindness and good will never ceases to amaze.

Thanks you so much, kind regards – Steve
The case is more than half empty already.

Steve Boswell
Rehabilitation and Training Manager - Llandudno
Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)