It is currently 18 Apr 2021, 06:07

Rabbit & Easter Bunny

The place to be to discuss Scrolling and other artistic forms of Woodbutchery

Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Phil » 01 Mar 2021, 10:31

Friends down the road, wife, collects anything that looks like a rabbit. :lol:

Wire, wood, ceramics .................. In the garden, in the house.

I saw the pic on a site, copied into Powerpoint and then did some different sizes for whatever wood is available.

It hangs on the edge of a table or in this case on top of the TV, with the teeth hanging over.
It is SA crappy pine, veneered with some bits of mahogany to give a good cutting surface.
The teeth is a piece of ice cream stick, nice and solid.

Then painted with acrylics.
Don't look too closely at the face, I used a toothpick to draw the lines in white :shock:

IMG_20210227_175339.jpg
(76.83 KiB)
Last edited by Phil on 01 Apr 2021, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!
User avatar
Phil
Old Oak
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 05:11
Location: Southern Africa 0054
Name: Phil

Re: Rabbit

Postby Gill » 01 Mar 2021, 12:26

You clearly have an imagination, Phil!

:lol:
Gill
New Shoots
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 00:57
Location: East Lindsey
Name: Rumpelstiltskin

Re: Rabbit

Postby Phil » 01 Mar 2021, 20:27

Gill wrote:You clearly have an imagination, Phil!

:lol:



Ha, ha, no ways!
Totally left brain. I need to use other peoples ideas.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!
User avatar
Phil
Old Oak
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 05:11
Location: Southern Africa 0054
Name: Phil

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Phil » 01 Apr 2021, 13:27

The Easter bunnies have arrived :lol: :lol: :lol:

WP_20210330_004.jpg
(43.36 KiB)


This one is on MDF and sprayed white, can be viewed from either side




WP_20210330_005.jpg
(44.84 KiB)


This is on hardboard (back is rough), painted white and then sprayed white for final finish.
It's got blue eyes :D

{Edit - I have subsequently found out that this is a Sue Mey design https://scrollsawartist.com/safety-first/ }
Last edited by Phil on 03 Apr 2021, 12:58, edited 2 times in total.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!
User avatar
Phil
Old Oak
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 05:11
Location: Southern Africa 0054
Name: Phil

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Malc2098 » 01 Apr 2021, 14:05

Nice.
Malcolm
User avatar
Malc2098
Sequoia
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: 03 Jul 2016, 11:10
Location: Tiverton
Name: Malcolm

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Woodbloke » 01 Apr 2021, 14:20

Phil wrote:Friends down the road, wife, collects anything that looks like a rabbit. :lol:

Wire, wood, ceramics .................. In the garden, in the house.

I saw the pic on a site, copied into Powerpoint and then did some different sizes for whatever wood is

available.

It hangs on the edge of a table or in this case on top of the TV, with the teeth hanging over.
It is SA crappy pine, veneered with some bits of mahogany to give a good cutting surface.
The teeth is a piece of ice cream stick, nice and solid.

Then painted with acrylics.
Don't look too closely at the face, I used a toothpick to draw the lines in white :shock:

IMG_20210227_175339.jpg


He looks as though he's spent an enjoyable few hours in the company of Jessica Rabbit! :lol: - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
User avatar
Woodbloke
Old Oak
 
Posts: 3066
Joined: 22 Jul 2014, 10:06
Location: Salisbury, UK
Name: Rob Stoakley

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby sunnybob » 01 Apr 2021, 17:03

They wouldnt stand a chance against our psycho rabbits

013.JPG
(299.57 KiB)
User avatar
sunnybob
Nordic Pine
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 17 Aug 2020, 10:59
Location: Cyprus
Name:

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Phil » 03 Apr 2021, 13:00

Woodbloke wrote:
Phil wrote:Friends down the road, wife, collects anything that looks like a rabbit. :lol:

Wire, wood, ceramics .................. In the garden, in the house.

I saw the pic on a site, copied into Powerpoint and then did some different sizes for whatever wood is

available.

It hangs on the edge of a table or in this case on top of the TV, with the teeth hanging over.
It is SA crappy pine, veneered with some bits of mahogany to give a good cutting surface.
The teeth is a piece of ice cream stick, nice and solid.

Then painted with acrylics.
Don't look too closely at the face, I used a toothpick to draw the lines in white :shock:

IMG_20210227_175339.jpg


He looks as though he's spent an enjoyable few hours in the company of Jessica Rabbit! :lol: - Rob



:lol: :lol:

Can't find her, she seems to have hopped away :lol:
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!
User avatar
Phil
Old Oak
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 05:11
Location: Southern Africa 0054
Name: Phil

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby Phil » 03 Apr 2021, 13:01

sunnybob wrote:They wouldnt stand a chance against our psycho rabbits

013.JPG



I have saved the image and will e-mail it to the lady recipient :D
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!
User avatar
Phil
Old Oak
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 05:11
Location: Southern Africa 0054
Name: Phil

Re: Rabbit & Easter Bunny

Postby sunnybob » 03 Apr 2021, 14:20

They put them out on the roundabout every year. The big one is over 8 ft tall. Believe me, they are even scarier in the flesh than the picture :shock: :shock: :lol:
User avatar
sunnybob
Nordic Pine
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 17 Aug 2020, 10:59
Location: Cyprus
Name:


Return to Scrolling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest