It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:49

The Little Tinker...

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

The Little Tinker...

Postby Woodbloke » 24 Jul 2014, 14:52

The night before last I did a bit of complex gluing that involve 4 biscuits and 24 dowels, but stupidly I used a PVA which was going off within around 5 mins…so I panicked! :o This is the first section of a Japanese style chest of drawers, using a centre hung drawer runner and there are another four to dowel in place as the build progresses. The corner nearest the pic:

…had the wide vertical style the wrong way round :oops: :oops: so I ended up forcing a 40mm dowel into a combined length of a 38mm hole, with the result that they burst through the top panel. I was a bit 'dismayed' and thought the job was going to be bandsaw fodder so I spent quite a long time cleaning up the dings and dents with loads of wet rag and a hot iron. The 'fix', once it was re-fitted, planed and sanded:

…isn't too bad. You can still see there some damage so I think it'll be acceptable once it's polished and placed in the third bedroom where no-one will see it - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Re: The Little Tinker...

Postby Andyp » 24 Jul 2014, 15:38

Nice to know that this sort of thing can happen to even the experienced. Nice recovery and you and us will ever know
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to Projects & WIP