It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:47

Limed Oak Stair - Finished.

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Limed Oak Stair - Finished.

Postby Pinch » 19 Sep 2014, 17:00

Robert wrote:Beautiful result but what a lot of hard work!

I've enjoyed watching the progress. Makes me want to get making something out of wood but all I can see in my immediate future is a long list of redecoration to do at home and my daughters place...

Cheers Robert. Cor yeah, hard work indeed. I'm sure I've aged in the last couple of weeks :( Still, beer night tonight :D

I haven't seen any of your threads for a while - you must start a woody project soon 8-)
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby Pinch » 19 Sep 2014, 17:13

9fingers wrote:Great result Paul. looks really good. I just hope their enthusiasm for your quality staircase extends to footing what must turn out to be a far bigger bill that they (or you) were expecting and that you get all you and your fitter mate deserve for this job.
I could say the bill might be a step too far but that would be toooo bad a joke eh?

Bob

Cheers Bob. I emailed my invoice this morning to the lady of the house (tis who I was dealing with and she's a professor with an OBE 8-) quite humbling) and she writes that when she returned home last night after being away for a couple of days, she was absolutely delighted with the end result and will pay me tonight via BACS.

I shall be on the beers tonight :D

Yes, the bill was a bit of a 'riser' from the original quote but I thought if I 'tread' carefully (metaphorically writing), my clients won't 'string' me along with a late payment (which would 'floor' me), but instead, pay me rather quickly. So, receiving an email from the professor is a result for me which means I can now take Mrs P out tomorrow which is a good 'step' forward to gaining more brownie points. :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 19 Sep 2014, 17:14

TrimTheKing wrote:Lovely Paul, really top quality job, well done mate. :eusa-clap:

Cheers
Mark

Cheers Mark - nice one! 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 19 Sep 2014, 20:15

Good 'pun'ishing humour there Paul!

Bob
Information on induction motors here