It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:08

Self build house extension

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Self build house extension

Postby Norty Raskel » 22 Mar 2016, 18:52

I've just logged on, because I didn't think it was right to just let this thread go cold but I see it's now got a life of it's own :D

Mike has indeed kindly offered to help design the extension, Mike sided with my partner Rebecca, who felt a green oak structure was completely out of character, however, to counter that, she's now accepted that I need to build a bigger bike workshop/store elsewhere in the garden to replace the outbuilding that will make way for the extension(and a bigger bike shed means room for more bikes-shhh) :obscene-drinkingcheers: Mikes "too many tools and not enough space" comment to Rebecca could also ease the way for a bigger wood workshop in the future too........ :twisted:

Mike has taken our ideas, along with plenty of his own and returned home to bring these to life, we await the first initial drawings and will go from there. I'm happy to make this a WIP if people are interested.

As for it being my fault, Mike if my extension design is not finished in the next 3 weeks then you are under strict instructions the shelve the project until your house is completed, I already have the shakes and fever, from the withdrawal of your daily build updates.

Finally, RogerS, thanks for the Sketchup link, I'm not ready to scrap the drawing board yet, but that day has taken a step closer.

Jon
Norty Raskel
New Shoots

Name: Jon

Postby Mike G » 22 Mar 2016, 19:14

Norty Raskel wrote:....Mikes "too many tools and not enough space" comment to Rebecca could also ease the way for a bigger wood workshop in the future too........ :twisted:.....

I protest! I never said "too many tools". I did however suggest that you didn't really have the space to use the ones you'd got, thereby sowing the seeds for a workshop extension in due course. You can thank me later :) ;)
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby kostello » 22 Mar 2016, 20:15

Norty Raskel wrote:
you are under strict instructions the shelve the project until your house is completed, .

Jon

If it is like My houses it will be finished 10 minutes before it is sold......!!!!!

[WHITE SMILING FACE]
kostello
Seedling

Name:

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP