It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:48

Stair alterations. NOW FINISHED

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Stair alterations.

Postby TrimTheKing » 23 Aug 2016, 10:09

Coming together nicely Pinch.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Pinch » 23 Aug 2016, 19:42

Tusses wrote:excellent work Pinch ! as always :-)

but you knew that anyway ! :lol:

Cheers Rich - Well, it's okay I suppose.

:text-bravo:
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby Pinch » 23 Aug 2016, 19:42

Malc2098 wrote:Outstanding work!

Cheers Malc. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 23 Aug 2016, 19:44

MattS wrote:Really makes me realise how much work there is in a proper staircase! Great stuff :eusa-clap:

Cheers Matt. 8-) Yes, they're time consuming - especially this one. I'll be back on it tomorrow afternoon.
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 23 Aug 2016, 19:44

TrimTheKing wrote:Coming together nicely Pinch.

Cheers
Mark

Cheers Mark. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 29 Aug 2016, 15:16

Well, I've been down to the office today and loaded up tit van ready for tit morning.

I am starting the installation tomorrow morning and I hope all goes to plan. These kind of installations can be a bit tricky-dicky.

Here's all the stuff ready to load up. :D

And everything on Bertha-the-bus. :D

Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Doug » 29 Aug 2016, 18:06

I look forward to seeing the finished photos, possibly not as much as you do Paul, best of luck.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Tusses » 29 Aug 2016, 18:07

Hmmm .. popcorn ... :D
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Pinch » 29 Aug 2016, 18:38

Doug wrote:I look forward to seeing the finished photos, possibly not as much as you do Paul, best of luck.

Cheers Doug 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 29 Aug 2016, 18:42

Tusses wrote:Hmmm .. popcorn ... :D

Cheers Rich. You might need a biggen of a bucket.

How about 'Albatross'

ALBATROSS......

Anyone for ALBATROSS.....

ALBATROSS....

:lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Tusses » 29 Aug 2016, 19:24

:lol: pelican bon bon ???
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 30 Aug 2016, 07:24

Just get Merlin to cast a spell, he will have it installed in no time.

Hope it goes well.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Pinch » 30 Aug 2016, 19:14

Andyp wrote:Just get Merlin to cast a spell, he will have it installed in no time.

Hope it goes well.

Cheers Andy. Funny you mention Merlin... this job is in an old historic Somerset city and it reminds a lot of Glastonbury. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 30 Aug 2016, 19:48

More piccies....

I'm on site now (hey what :shock: ) and I got away with not getting a ticket on the bus all day as it was parked on double yellows. The owner of the shop my bus was parked in front of wasn't too happy though and he had a very polite word with me as I was preparing to leave. And... halfway through the day, I got my cool bag out of the bus to have my lunch inside the cottage and a young woman stopped me in my tracks... Seriously true...

Young woman: "Excuse me Sir, is this your van?"
I walked towards her and replied "Yes."
Young woman: "I've just taken a picture of your van - I hope you don't mind?"
Me: "Well, I can see you're not the Police or a Traffic Warden, so would it be very rude of me to ask you why?"
Young woman: "Of course not Sir... Where are you based?"
Me: "North Dorset."
Young woman: "Gosh Sir, you travel around a bit don't you." "Would you be interested in doing some work for me and my husband?" She then went on and explained the work.
Me: "Of course... I'll get you a card."
As I handed her a card, she was so very polite...
Young woman: "Thank you kind Sir, thank you!"
I then bowed saying "Tis a pleasure my maid." And started walking back over the street to the cottage when she said, "Is it best to phone you or email you?"
Me: "Whatever.... it's all on the website."

Such a polite young lady... awww bless. I'm still not sure if that was a wind up or genuine. :lol:

I'll let you know if I ever hear from her.

Anyways... Stuff is assembled and ready for chopping around tomorrow. Here's the upstairs jobby. I'm a bit limited for space so the piccies don't show too much, but you can get the idea.

Got to slide ee into there...

And ground floor. Nice handrail job. :shock:

Got to slide ee into there...

Report back soon.

Cheers,
8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Mike G » 30 Aug 2016, 20:32

Pinch wrote:.......Report back soon.......

You first looked at this job in January. Get on with it! :lol: :eusa-whistle: :lol:
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 30 Aug 2016, 20:49

Mike G wrote:

You first looked at this job in January. Get on with it! :lol: :eusa-whistle: :lol:

Too busy chatting up the local crumpet :lol: :lol: :lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Doug » 30 Aug 2016, 21:25

With my luck she would be typing up a report 10 minutes after speaking to me including photographic evidence of my illegal parking plus all my contact details & including a witness statement from the shop owner, then sending it off to some authority of other :twisted:
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 30 Aug 2016, 23:00

Is the stair gate going back up?

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Pinch » 31 Aug 2016, 19:23

Mike G wrote:

Hmmm yes.... :eusa-think: :lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 31 Aug 2016, 19:24

RogerS wrote:
Mike G wrote:

Too busy chatting up the local crumpet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chatting up the local crumpet Sir!? :lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 31 Aug 2016, 19:25

Doug wrote:With my luck she would be typing up a report 10 minutes after speaking to me including photographic evidence of my illegal parking plus all my contact details & including a witness statement from the shop owner, then sending it off to some authority of other :twisted:

Hey Doug, I haven't even thought of that. Hmmmmm indeed :eusa-think:

Well, I had right on plonker doobler today......
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 31 Aug 2016, 19:26

Rod wrote:Is the stair gate going back up?

Rod

I would imagine it probably is. They have a 1 year old and he's apparently 100% mobile :x
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 31 Aug 2016, 20:00

Well, today was a reet plonker with regards the old parking jobby. :x :P :twisted:

On arrival this morning (8:45am) I firstly parked across from the cottage in the public car park. Maximum stay is 3 hours, so I parked my bus in a corner bay as my old bus is far too long for these bays and her rear end over hangs by around 4-5' normally. I set the alarm on my phone for 11:45am to go and buy another ticket. Come 11:45, I popped out to go and buy another ticket and this is when I realised the 3 hour stay was 'maximum for the whole day' - yes, I must have had one of those blinkin blondie moments again - again tut! So, I thought I'd drive to the only all day car park in the city - Waitrose. The blokey who I pist off yesterday told me about this carpark, but what he didn't darn well say is that the only all day car park in the city (yes, Waitrose) is a multi-storey car park and when I arrived there, I could see I wasn't going to fit under the darn 'MAX HEADROOM' of 2.2M. I had been well and truly 'tango'ed', so I drove back to the carpark oposite to where I'm working hoping the bay I left was still available - nurdy snurd me... Of course it wasn't available you darn plonker - it was now half filled with one of those tiny Fiat motors. Cor, my blood was boiling I can tell you!! :x :x

I now drove around for a while looking for somewhere to park and bingo, I found a space down a side road, but I couldn't see a parking restriction sign and there's always one of those buggers somewhere. Anyways, I spotted a woman walking on the otherside of the road so "OI" I shouts :lol: She looked over at me... I say, "Do you know the parking restriction here?" "One hour!" she says. :shock: :x So, I told her my story and she was laughing a little bit :shock: :x She said, "What are going to do now?" I said, I'm gonna park on the double yellow outside the cottage!" "Ooh, you little devil you!" She said. :lol:

I drove on and 100 yards down the road, I saw a Traffic Warden walking on the pavement. I came to an abrupt halt and blasted my horn, waving the TW over. He came over and so I told him my story and asked him where the booking ell can I park in the city? His reply was this... "Sorry, there is nowhere." :shock: I was getting mader and madder. He gave me a number to phone to get a (can't remember what he called it) special ticket for the day. I then drove back to the cottage and parked Bertha as close to the cottage as I could - difficult to describe but it's a bit dodgy. I then made the phone call - bleedin answer phone! :evil: :evil: I left my name and number and thought bugger this, I shall leave Bertha here and get on with work.

Half hour later, the Council car park peeps phoned me. I explained everything and then learnt I couldn't buy one of these special tickets (£40 a shout!) afterall - because I'm on double-yellows. By now, I lost it and this poor chap got both barrels - eek! :oops:

Anyways, I didn't even check Bertha during the rest of the day and I left the cottage at 5:15 tonight, no ticket :D

Unless, do they not dish out tickets anymore - is it computerised etc etc?

I still have at least one more day of parking to go yet!! :| :| :|

Cor, it is totally redicularse. I'm just trying to do a job and there's nowhere to park - literally no where!

Well, I don't care anymore!!

So there!

Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Doug » 31 Aug 2016, 21:57

Many years ago I used to do some sub contracting to a joinery firm, one job was in Solihull & that to had no where to park a double wheel based transit other than a short stay car park, we used to get a ticket every day for the month we were there as we left it there all day. We got to know the traffic warden quite well who one day enquired about the cost of all those tickets, to which the gaffa replied he knew he'd get a ticket each day but had priced it in to the job when he quoted as he worked in Solihull before :shock: :shock:
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 31 Aug 2016, 23:15

My deepest sympathies - parking can be quite a nightmare.
Try parking in Southampton General Hospital and Winchester Hospital - you have to allow a good extra hour onto your journey time to join the queue of cars trying to park. One visit to SGH costs us £11.25 and I was a patient.
I now get concessionary Parking at SGH (£2) and free at Winchester. I am shortly going to undertake some daily treatment which will
entail 25 visits so that will cost £50 which without the concession it would have probably cost us £105. It doesn't guarantee a space though - there are a few on street parking areas dotted around which might try depending how I feel after each visit?
They must make quite a lot of money out of this?

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

PreviousNext

Return to Projects & WIP