It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 08:47

Très (tray!) difficile ?

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Très (tray!) difficile ?

Postby meccarroll » 26 Nov 2016, 12:09

RogerS wrote:
Rod wrote:Are you moving far?
I noticed on another forum you were asking about land registration and fishing rights?

Rod

Yes, I'm leaving soft Southerners like Trim far behind :lol: Cumbria/Northumberland border.

Ah cold wet and windy :eusa-shifty: but very beautiful part of the country too ;)

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Postby RogerS » 26 Nov 2016, 12:17

meccarroll wrote:
RogerS wrote:
Rod wrote:Are you moving far?
I noticed on another forum you were asking about land registration and fishing rights?

Rod

Yes, I'm leaving soft Southerners like Trim far behind :lol: Cumbria/Northumberland border.

Ah cold wet and windy :eusa-shifty: but very beautiful part of the country too ;)

Mark

Therein lies the myth :D

From the web...
Northumberland is blessed with some of the best weather in the whole of the UK and is officially one of the driest regions with an average rainfall of just 864mm, which is well below the UK average of 1125mm. There is also an above average amount of winter sunshine of 156 hours with the UK average running at 143 hours.

Due to its location between the Irish Sea and the North Sea, the climate in Northumberland is an oceanic temperate climate which essential means that usually it does not have extremes of weather conditions or temperature fluctuations, and rainfall is fairly consistent throughout the year.

It's Cumbria that gets all the rain !
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 26 Nov 2016, 12:22

Yes a very nice area - you might be using your Discovery a bit more often and for a longer period.
Are your wife's plants Hardy?

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby meccarroll » 26 Nov 2016, 12:27

RogerS wrote:

From the web...
Northumberland is blessed with some of the best weather in the whole of the UK and is officially one of the driest regions with an average rainfall of just 864mm, which is well below the UK average of 1125mm. There is also an above average amount of winter sunshine of 156 hours with the UK average running at 143 hours.

Due to its location between the Irish Sea and the North Sea, the climate in Northumberland is an oceanic temperate climate which essential means that usually it does not have extremes of weather conditions or temperature fluctuations, and rainfall is fairly consistent throughout the year.

Ah, well you did say: Cumbria/ Northumberland :lol:

It's a very nice part of the country all the same, with lots of water-sports, mountain walks, cycling etc. I just hope you have time for some woodwork Roger.

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Postby RogerS » 26 Nov 2016, 12:55

meccarroll wrote:
RogerS wrote:

From the web...

Ah, well you did say: Cumbria/ Northumberland :lol:

It's a very nice part of the country all the same, with lots of water-sports, mountain walks, cycling etc. I just hope you have time for some woodwork Roger.

Mark

I'm not brave enough to windsurf off the coast!
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 26 Nov 2016, 13:00

Rod wrote:Yes a very nice area - you might be using your Discovery a bit more often and for a longer period.
Are your wife's plants Hardy?

Rod

Funny you should say that as I'm pondering getting some winter wheels and tyres.

Hardy plants ? No idea ! I leave all that to my wife. She did take her soil testing kit with her :D and she has five acres to play with including a stream.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Tusses » 27 Nov 2016, 16:16

will you not have enough "land" to start a new WH2 workshop build thread ?
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby meccarroll » 27 Nov 2016, 23:13

RogerS wrote:I'm not brave enough to windsurf off the coast!

There is no sea between Cumbria and Northumberland Roger :( , but you could try a short trip over the border to Loch Lomond for water sports. Anyways it's exciting times ahead :eusa-dance: or is it more like :eusa-doh: or even :eusa-pray: but knowing you I expect it will be :eusa-whistle:.......... :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP