It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:51

Painted MDF fitted unit.

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Painted MDF fitted unit.

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:13

Malc2098 wrote::text-bravo:

Stunning work!

Cheers Malc 8-)
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:13

Rod wrote:Very nice

Rod

Cheers Rod 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:21

Jimmy Mack wrote:Nice Paul,

What a demonstration of how proud the clients must be of the piece when then send you photos :eusa-clap:

Nice to see Merlin again...I saw our local mannequin the other day, she'd come out for halloween, I was going to take a snap...but then I started thinking about night vision cctv and bottled it :lol: ...Will try again soon.

Jim

Cheers Jim 8-)

Yes, I'm still waiting for a picture of Wacky Jackie's mannequin, but all in good time ole chap - no pressure. :x :x :x

:lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:21

Phil wrote:

What a demonstration of how proud the clients must be of the piece when then send you photos :eusa-clap:

Jim

:text-+1:

Cheers Phil 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:26

RogerS wrote:That's very smart, Paul.....how did you finish the scribe against the wall ? Decorator's caulk and a fine paint line ? Doing that long ceiling scribe must have been very tricky. Did you have a helper to hold it up in position while you made the scribe line ?

Cheers Roger 8-)

Yes, that's it, a good scribe with a neat caulk line to fill the shadow gap. I marked and fitted the pelmet using two bendy timber props. The finish down the left hand side and over the pelmet was very good. The right hand side was also very good, but approaching the skirting board, the gap was getting on for 3-4mm maybe - not much I could do about it, but a good bit of 'gunning' sorts it out nicely. Around the skirts and cove was spot on. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:29

Andyp wrote:Pucka job as always Paul. How far less imposing and softer it looks once furnished.

Cheers Andy - It does doesn't it 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:35

TrimTheKing wrote:Certainly fulfils the brief for me Paul.

One thing that keeps catching my eye, that upper left hand cupboard door, looks on the photo's like it has a big bow in it along the length Appears to be sticking out at the top. Could just be the photo's but the shadow gap appears large there and looks quite pronounced on the 3rd to last photo too.

I guess it doesn't look that way in the fle…erm… MDF.

Cheers
Mark

Cheers Mark 8-)

Cor, you've got a good eye. I haven't noticed until you pointed it out - well spotted that man! I'm not sure if it's the photo as I have experienced this before when the work is fine, but looking at other photos, the door does appear to bend out a wee tad at the top away from the cabinet. Hmmmm..... that's going to bug me. I might email the client and ask them if they can see anything untoward. It could be any easy fix, but if the door has gone bendy on me, there could be trouble ahead. :lol: Hmmm song for the other thread perhaps 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:36

Doug wrote:Very nice Paul :eusa-clap:

Cheers Doug 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:44

Norty Raskel wrote:Paul,

I know you've kept the spans short but are you confident the MDF shelves won't sag under the weight of the books.

I need to make something similar to fit an alcove and was considering using lipped ply to ensure the shelves don't sag.

Thanks
Jon

Cheers Jon 8-)

The bookcase shelves are timber. I wouldn't use MDF for that span - it would eventually bend under its own load, not to mention anything on it. A lipped 18mm ply should be okay for light stuff, but I would always use timber for anything heavy like books.

You'll have to post up some piccies - piccies are always good 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 17 Nov 2016, 17:48

Commander wrote:If I understood Paul correctly the shelfs are actually the only parts in Pine. However I have made a number of items out of MDF and even though it isn't proper wood it does work very well. What are the dimensions of the shelves you are looking at making Jon?

Nicely spotted Erich 8-)

Like Jon, I have a couple of alcoves to do next week. I shall make the cases as 'one' (to the narrowest width & height) and then slide and fix into the alcove square, trimming up with timber afterwards. I shall make the cases using MDF for the sides, top and plinths - the shelves will be timber. Just the job 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Jimmy Mack » 18 Nov 2016, 12:41

Pinch wrote:

Nice to see Merlin again...I saw our local mannequin the other day, she'd come out for halloween, I was going to take a snap...but then I started thinking about night vision cctv and bottled it ...Will try again soon.

Jim

Cheers Jim 8-)

Yes, I'm still waiting for a picture of Wacky Jackie's mannequin, but all in good time ole chap - no pressure. :x :x :x

Wait no more Paul! Here she is, golden pins n all, clearly she doesn't feel the cold! It's freezing up here in tropical Yorkshire !

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Tusses » 18 Nov 2016, 12:59

lol .. we have a mannequin .. she's currently in the cast iron bath on the patio ! lol
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby meccarroll » 19 Nov 2016, 07:27

Looks like the cabinets blend in nicely with the rest of the room Paul. I like those slim line draws, very nicely done.

Just curious as to what happened to the double plug behind the cupboards, did you cut an opening in the back of the cupboards or were they moved ?

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Postby Pinch » 19 Nov 2016, 11:10

Jimmy Mack wrote:
Pinch wrote:

Nice to see Merlin again...I saw our local mannequin the other day, she'd come out for halloween, I was going to take a snap...but then I started thinking about night vision cctv and bottled it ...Will try again soon.

Jim

Cheers Jim 8-)

Wait no more Paul! Here she is, golden pins n all, clearly she doesn't feel the cold! It's freezing up here in tropical Yorkshire !

Sent from my HTC 0P6B900 using Tapatalk

:lol: Ah ha, it's ole Miss Golden Leg! :lol:

Very good Jim and well done for taking the photo! I can imagine it must have been a bit nervy in case anyone might have been watching. Maybe ole Wacky Jacks was curtain twitching at the same time. :shock:

Your next assignment Sir: Capture another photo whilst Wacky Jacks is dressing Miss Golden Leg :lol:

:text-bravo:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 19 Nov 2016, 11:11

Tusses wrote:lol .. we have a mannequin .. she's currently in the cast iron bath on the patio ! lol

We need photos Rich :lol: ;)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 19 Nov 2016, 11:16

meccarroll wrote:Looks like the cabinets blend in nicely with the rest of the room Paul. I like those slim line draws, very nicely done.

Just curious as to what happened to the double plug behind the cupboards, did you cut an opening in the back of the cupboards or were they moved ?

Mark

Cheers Mark 8-) The double plug was made redundant and a new one spurred off into the wall left of the cabinets - just the job. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 19 Nov 2016, 23:26

Pinch wrote:
meccarroll wrote:Looks like the cabinets blend in nicely with the rest of the room Paul. I like those slim line draws, very nicely done.

Mark

Cheers Mark 8-) The double plug was made redundant and a new one spurred off into the wall left of the cabinets - just the job. 8-)

Come on Guys lets get the right terminology. Plugs are male - the counterpart is a socket and is always female and always will be so!
And whilst we are at it, a "plug top" is just that, the lid of a plug. The whole thing is called a "plug".

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Pinch » 20 Nov 2016, 11:58

Sorry Bob - I know they're sockets really. I wasn't thinking :|

.....I'll go and stand in the naughty corner again :lol:

In fact, after I finish this post, I'm going to get up and stand in the naughty corner - facing in. Mrs P will come in (at some point) and ask me what I'm doing. I shall be muttering... "They're plugs and not sockets... NO!.. they're sockets and not plugs.... sockets and not plugs......."

She'll just turn round and walk out, probably saying... "What on earth am I married to." :lol:

Aye, she's a reet gooden my missus.
Pinch
Old Oak

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP