It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:39

Chopping board Christmas present

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Chopping board Christmas present

Postby Mike G » 12 Dec 2016, 11:08

Very nice, well done.

I made a few very similar to this a number of years ago, but didn't do the little feet thing.........we use both sides of the board. In the middle of the corner squares on one side I inlaid some dowels of something dark, probably walnut, so that we could recognise one side from the other, thus keeping one side for meat and the other for veggies.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Re: Chopping board Christmas present

Postby woodstalker » 12 Dec 2016, 12:04

Mike G wrote:Very nice, well done.

I made a few very similar to this a number of years ago, but didn't do the little feet thing.........we use both sides of the board. In the middle of the corner squares on one side I inlaid some dowels of something dark, probably walnut, so that we could recognise one side from the other, thus keeping one side for meat and the other for veggies.

Thanks Mike,

As i said Mrs Woodstalker commented how nice it was and what a lovely gift for my mother, i suspect thinly veiled that she should be getting one too. I am spending my mornings this week trying to finish my dissertation but this afternoon i will go down to the workshop and start making one for her in secret (!) using the lessons i have learned on this one and a couple of ideas i have seen on youtube.

I used the little rubber feet twofold, one it allowed me to take a razor blade and shorten one slightly because there was a tiny wobble when on the worktop (poor workmanship :D )and two, the rubber feet really grip the work surface so it doesn't go wandering off on the granite which is very slippery.

I think Mrs Woodstalker will get a wider, slightly chunkier one, i have some other random bits of hardwood i have been collecting with some interesting colours so will see how they come out.

I will of course post progress on here with pictures.
woodstalker
Nordic Pine

Name:

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP