It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:02

Ex L Shaped Workshop

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Ex L Shaped Workshop

Postby woodchip » 17 Jan 2017, 21:12

Hi All,

Not sure what the best option is to either carry on with my original post ( which was titled L Shaped Workshop) or set up a new topic as follows .... any suggestions please ..:

Having digested the fantastic information which was provided from my original project I have now reviewed my design and decided on a rectangular shaped workshop based which is where possible built on possibly a more economical version of Mike G's original design.

Would like to post some sketches (sorry Malcolm but struggling with time to get to grips with Sketchup) and would appreciate any assistance in layman terms please in how to do it. I am still at the design stage but have been an avid reader of all relative Woodhaven project posts and any other workshop building information. I've learnt one hell of a lot and continue to absorb anything that I can get my hands on.

My garden is now being moved around to create the exact space required to build what will be a 4.8m x 3.4m (external) workshop keeping area just under 15m2 and allowing me to build up to 4m high. Workshop will be positioned such that it will over 2m away from any boundary.

Appreciate any responses please. Thanks.

Cheers
Terry
woodchip
Seedling

Name:

Re: Ex L Shaped Workshop

Postby Malc2098 » 17 Jan 2017, 21:23

Hi Terry,

No worries. If it's not too complicated, I could do some SU modelling for you if you let me know dimensions and materials, and convert them to orthographic projections for you to print in pdf.

It'd be good for me to keep my SU hand in.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby woodchip » 17 Jan 2017, 23:02

Hi Malcolm,

Good to hear from you again. Hope your build is going well. Need to look at your current posts.

Many thanks for your offer to provide a projection.

Where do I start ... overall external dimensions 4.8m x 3.4m @ 3.8 high approx.
Using concrete base with 2 x courses of bricks for upstands with 100 x 50 x 2000m high walls with 150 x 50 raters connected to same sized ridge board with approximate roof angle of 35 degrees. Roof joists of 150 x 50 x 2300 high (bottom edge) from final floor level.

Wall and roof timbers @ 600 ctrs.

All dimensions are approximate and subject to change.

Have done much research and like your idea of using the Metrotile Aquapans on roof.

No window size or position as yet decided. Must admit that I have been struggling with base and especially roof design. Trying to adopt ideas and designs that you and in particular Mike G have recommended but have also tried to design in order to maintain a relatively tight budget. Would like to try and obtain recycled materials where possible.

Is this of use please?

Would you have any idea of how to copy and post drawings in particular and also photos (for a later date) please?

Many thanks.

Cheers
Terry
woodchip
Seedling

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 18 Jan 2017, 01:19

Will PM you.

M
Malcolm
Malc2098