It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:12

European Oak bed

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: European Oak bed

Postby kirkpoore1 » 21 Oct 2017, 19:32

Tusses wrote:
Doug wrote:Rich I’d forgotten about TOH I’ll have to get the kids to record it for me.

I didn't know it was back on fereview until Bob mentioned it the other day.

Not half as good as the early series with Steve and Norm .. there seemed to be sooooo much more work and info given than these days

If you think Steve was the early days, you guys must never have gotten the Bob Vila version over there. Yikes!

It never was a bad show, but I always looked at it as "Here's what can be done" rather than "Here's how to do it".

Kirk
kirkpoore1
Old Oak

Name: Kirk

Postby Tusses » 21 Oct 2017, 22:10

I saw a couple of TOH where Bob Vila would let Norm do all the work.
and also another program with bob vila doing home improvments. something doctor ?
I still have them on video :lol: .. I'll put one on tomorrow , as there's anther program too with a man and a woman doing home renovations .. Can't remember their names off hand. Home time ?

I'll get back tomorrow :-)
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Doug » 22 Oct 2017, 10:56

I remember Bob Vila doing TOH, in fact I preferred him to Steve. I also remembered Bob doing another program At Home With Bob Vila & while googling that I came across this video of Norm, what a great watch, don’t be put off by the Festool reference it’s a Q&A with Norm at one of their events, about his childhood & making NYW & TOH

[youtube]84vE-2mSqtc[/youtube]
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP