It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:53

Prototype Clamp Stand

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Prototype Clamp Stand

Postby themissingelf » 11 Jul 2018, 13:58

This is representative of what I've not found time to do since moving into my home about 14 years ago... Previously the clamps were suspended in random places around my garage (another project 14 years overdue and now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - as evidenced in the background...).

Thought I'd share seeming as I've been asking a lot of questions, the background to which is the evolution of my "workshop".

IMG_20180708_174734.jpg
(142.68 KiB)
themissingelf
New Shoots

Name:

Re: Prototype Clamp Stand

Postby Bucks woodshop » 11 Jul 2018, 14:03

Looks good

Are you planning to use the space on the back of the trolley seems like a waste otherwise could have made a fixed one

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
do or do not do there is no try - Yoda , the dagobah system
Bucks woodshop
New Shoots

Name: ian

Postby themissingelf » 11 Jul 2018, 18:42

I am (planning to use the back)... Rails for my rail saw and then maybe some hand saws, spirit levels and similar. I may also use the space between...

The reason it's on wheels is primarily to allow me to move everything around in the shop. I've gone from wrestling with things frequently in the way because they are either heavy or fixed to the walls to everything except some racking at one end being mobile.
themissingelf
New Shoots

Name:

Postby Andyp » 12 Jul 2018, 06:05

Very neat and practical. If I had that many clamps I would do something similar.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to Projects & WIP