It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:48

Mitre saw cabinet, stupid boy.

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Mitre saw cabinet, stupid boy.

Postby Andyp » 19 Jul 2018, 16:13

How stupid can I be?

Spent the past week or so occasionally doodling a plan for a mobile cabinet for my mitre saw. Weighing up the pros and cons of beefing up a kitchen carcass or buying suitable ply and building from scratch. local shed can cut to order and they have a 15% discount running. I got Roger to confirm the size of his cabinet and priced up buying the ply on line. Only twice the price of buying a carcass but better timber and I could trim a bit of the depth to suit.
With a kid free morning I took my cutting list to the store and was very pleased when it came out a few bob less than my online estimate.

While driving home I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to include the sides :eusa-doh: I had left them off my cutting list and all my earlier doodles. Double :eusa-doh:

Turned round, got the sides made, price now nearly 2.5 the cost of a carcass. Got all the bits home only to discover that the idiot in the shop had cut two pieces the wrong size. :x . I had clearly asked for, and had written on the list he worked from, 600x500 he cut them 500x400. Back to the store to get them changed.

Next time, I’ll a buy a carcass and only make one trip to the store not 3!

Ho hum.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Mitre saw cabinet, stupid boy.

Postby Pinch » 19 Jul 2018, 19:02

Oh no, what a darn blinkering swine! :x

I feel your pain brother! :|

It's a funny old game, life. I wonder why we get days like this when others are smoothies. :P

The stupidest thing I ever did was after collecting my car from a garage, I drove a few good miles towards home and thought oh no, I've left my keys at the garage, so I turned round and drove back, also forgetting the keys were in the ignition driving the bleedin car! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the mitre saw cabinet. 8-)
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Re: Mitre saw cabinet, stupid boy.

Postby RogerS » 20 Jul 2018, 04:57

Bad luck, Andy.

I have a 'little man' who sits on my shoulder and reminds me if I've forgotten something. He never tells me what it is, just that I've forgotten something.

So there I was, a Sunday evening ready to do the weekly commute from Herefordshire up to Haworth, Yorkshire. A 200 mile, 3.5 to 4 hour trip. The access track to our house was about 3/4 mile long without any turning space. So I started driving down and my 'little man' said 'You've forgotten something'. Damn....what is it ? What is it ? Idiot! You've forgotten your work shoes. So I have to drive all the way down to the bottom, turn round and retrace my steps.

Collected shoes and started driving back down. "You've still forgotten something" he said. What ? Thinks ... :eusa-think: Idiot ! You've forgotten your briefcase. So I have to drive all the way down to the bottom, turn round and retrace my steps.

Collected briefcase and started driving back down. "You've still forgotten something" he said. What ? Thinks ... :eusa-think: Thinks some more. Nope..nothing springs to mind..you're stuck in a rut, I say to him, and carry on driving up to Haworth.

It was a good run and I got there early. Best check my emails, I thought, before popping into The Flappit for a few beers. Laptop..laptop. You're ahead of me here, aren't you ? Yup, 'twas sitting on our kitchen table. So Monday night I had to drive all the way back, stay overnight at home then up to leave a 4am for the long drive back up North.

Mind you, he also tells me if I'm doing something stupid but those stories are for another time. :eusa-naughty:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to Projects & WIP