It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:09

The New Workshop.

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

The New Workshop.

Postby Pinch » 22 Jul 2018, 16:00

Now then chaps, no laughing please...

Here are three photos of my new hobby workshop in its very early stages of transformation. :shock: :o

You're allowed one little laugh... :lol: Okay, that's it please! :eusa-hand:

I've just popped outside into the blistering heat to take a couple of piccies.

Firstly from the utility, which was originally a part of the garage. (The photos are quite small too, mainly because my website is going through major changes and I can't publish the changes yet as I'm nowhere near finished, so the photos below are from hidden mode).

Now outside viewing in.

Our garage isn't normally this untidy, but Mrs P (yep, it's not my fault this time!) is temporarily storing a lot of stuff which is in the throws of going onto ebay or down the tip! ;)

You should have seen it a couple of weeks ago - could hardly get in it.

The Plan: As viewed from outside - all the stuff on the left will be cleared (ebay or tip hee-hee), the stuff on the right will be organised much better and some of it will be going in a new cupboard in the utility - yet to be hung on the wall.

I did say to Mrs P, "Don't I have a say in the matter?" "No, now pay attention!" She replied. Bless :lol:

After this, I shall sweep/vacuum through removing all those cobwebs, dust etc, slap on a couple of coats of white emulsion over the ceiling and walls, insulate/clad the internal face of the garage door, then start moving stuff in. I might also lay some sheets of something on battens for the floor. As this workshop is going to be extremely compact & bijou, I shall make various accommodations for the hand tools etc.

Anyway, work-in-progress...

Beautiful things come from little packages.

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

I'm very excited.

:text-bravo:
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Re: The New Workshop.

Postby Jimmy Mack » 22 Jul 2018, 16:11

Excellent. That'll do you grand...

...'till you get the 'workshop build thread' up...

Now post a picture of your garden and with Mr G's guidance we'lll have you a palace built in a jiffy

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Jul 2018, 16:31

Size isn’t everything Paul ;)
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Malc2098 » 22 Jul 2018, 17:10

Bravo!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Rod » 22 Jul 2018, 21:31

That’s a lot tidier than mine.
I often completed larger stuff on the drive.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 22 Jul 2018, 21:34

I think once that gets organised as a proper 'shop, there's going to be some pretty spectacular stuff coming out of it - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby selectortone » 23 Jul 2018, 14:33

Good for you Paul. Someone with your skills most definitely needs a workshop.

After my wife died 12 years ago, I lost interest in doing much of anything for a long time and rubbish slowly accumulated in my garage until it looked like a bad case of that TV show "The Hoarder Next Door". I was driven to tidying it up when one of the doors fell off and I had to make a new pair. Hanging them was a two-man job and I was so embarrassed by the contents that I cleared it all over a few days and lots of trips to the dump.

Best thing I could have done - there's a nice, well equipped workshop in there now where I indulge my passion for turning (heatwaves permitting!)

A bonus was that I found a brand new Axminster pillar drill, still in its box, in the back corner under a pile of stuff. I don't remember ordering it (a year after Rose passed - that whole period is a bit hazy) but my name is on the delivery note!
selectortone
Sapling

Name: Terry

Postby Jimmy Mack » 23 Jul 2018, 14:59

Something that has been bothering me...

... What will happen to Merlin? Will he be getting a redundancy package? Will he be taking coach tickets?

Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby DaveL » 23 Jul 2018, 18:41

Jimmy Mack wrote:Something that has been bothering me...

... What will happen to Merlin? Will he be getting a redundancy package? Will he be taking coach tickets?

That's a good point you don't want to upset a wizard, you never know what tricks they have waiting for you.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:32

Jimmy Mack wrote:Excellent. That'll do you grand...

...'till you get the 'workshop build thread' up...

Now post a picture of your garden and with Mr G's guidance we'lll have you a palace built in a jiffy

Cheers Jim 8-)

Our garden is too small for a workshop. :|

Mind you, our family of little mystical creatures and Gilbert The Gnome might cast some magical thoughts...

I was going to put Merlin down in the bottom right hand corner and create a wonderful world of strange people, but he'll go back in the conservatory instead.

Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:33

Andyp wrote:Size isn’t everything Paul ;)

Mrs P says the same! Ah bless her... she always knows how to boost my confidence. :lol: :shock:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:34

Malc2098 wrote:Bravo!

Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:36

Rod wrote:That’s a lot tidier than mine.
I often completed larger stuff on the drive.

Rod

I'm going to stick with small projects and I may have a plan up my sleeve with something I'm preparing for my daughter's wedding next month. Will share soon. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:38

Woodbloke wrote:I think once that gets organised as a proper 'shop, there's going to be some pretty spectacular stuff coming out of it - Rob

Cheers Rob - hope so. 8-)

I would like a 'shop like yours.
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 19:53

selectortone wrote:Good for you Paul. Someone with your skills most definitely needs a workshop.

After my wife died 12 years ago, I lost interest in doing much of anything for a long time and rubbish slowly accumulated in my garage until it looked like a bad case of that TV show "The Hoarder Next Door". I was driven to tidying it up when one of the doors fell off and I had to make a new pair. Hanging them was a two-man job and I was so embarrassed by the contents that I cleared it all over a few days and lots of trips to the dump.

Best thing I could have done - there's a nice, well equipped workshop in there now where I indulge my passion for turning (heatwaves permitting!)

A bonus was that I found a brand new Axminster pillar drill, still in its box, in the back corner under a pile of stuff. I don't remember ordering it (a year after Rose passed - that whole period is a bit hazy) but my name is on the delivery note!

Cheers Terry. That's completely understandable. Losing someone so close ejects you into a far away world of silent numbness. Having strength can be incredibly painful, but that very pain can help the healing that nurtures the strength into a focus of boundless creativity. I imagine Rose would be very proud of you. Well done matey.

Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 20:01

Ah ha! Yes... indeed, Merlin. :D

Nope, no redundancy sir... and nope, he won't be taking coach tickets. :P

He's coming home to retire into a world of fantasy. He has whispered something in my ear about wacky backy... (I'll 'av no wacky baccy in this house sir!). I'm guessing he means Wacky Jackie. I might have to treat him to a Wacky Jackie. ;)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 24 Jul 2018, 20:08

DaveL wrote:

That's a good point you don't want to upset a wizard, you never know what tricks they have waiting for you.

Strangely, my drivers' window was playing up yesterday. Dam thing wouldn't close - kept going down again. I Googled the problem last night and Google said... "Be nice to the wizard ie; promise him a Wacky Jackie lookalike and your drivers' window will close like a smooth rolling steel ball over a newly peeled banana skin."

He's now getting a Wacky Jackie lookalike. :|

Pinch
Old Oak

Return to Projects & WIP