It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:49

Games & Card Table (complete)

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Games & Card Table (complete)

Postby Woodbloke » 08 Dec 2019, 14:07

Not to my taste but really well put together - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Jimmy Mack » 09 Dec 2019, 18:25

RogerM wrote:What everyone else says! :text-+1:

I've been re-reading this Jim, and I was wondering whether you have any worry that the joints in the lipping around the edge of the Octagon might be prone to damage? As I understand it, they have veneer wrapped around them which looks brilliant, but was just wondering whether the points of the corners might be more damage-prone as veneer rather than if solid?
Thanks Roger, very kind

Fingers crossed. Ha! ...Tbh I think they'll be fine with the piece being more decorative than utility. Once layed, the Oak Burr is surprisingly very hard, perhaps the complexity of the fibre orientation? It was tricky cutting them, as slightly out of length and I got a step at the joint and potentially revealing the substrate on dressing the corner. So I arissed/ dressed the corners by tapping (compacting) with a pin hammer and light finish sand. Seemed to be enough to soften things up at the joint

If that makes sense.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Jimmy Mack » 09 Dec 2019, 18:26

Woodbloke wrote:Not to my taste but really well put together - Rob
Thanks Rob

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak