It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:18

NHS project

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

NHS project

Postby MY63 » 10 Apr 2020, 06:47

I am involved in a project to make scrubs and gowns for my local NHS we have multiple locations one of them needs a cutting / layout table the dimensions are 2m x 6m x 890mm.
A simple strong design is required tube clamps appear to be the easiest way to construct a strong base with an water resistant MDF top. Dry joints so if a panel gets damaged it can be replaced easily. It needs to go on a mez floor so weight could be an issue. Modular also.
The top needs to be flat and smooth no fixings through the upper surface.
If I have missed anything please shout.

I have been asked for a drawing for the table, I am busy organising production and other stuff I will share when I feel able to.
If anyone has the time to draw this for me I would really appreciate it.

Stay safe everyone.
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

Re: NHS project

Postby Malc2098 » 10 Apr 2020, 09:30

Hi Michael,

Has key clamp (or Kee Klamp) construction been considered? The components can go to site to be fitted. They can be dismantled and removed after use. They can be made into modules and just repeated.

This image is by way of an idea of how they go together. A box frame construction would be better and the MRMDF resting or clipped onto the top of the box frame. I'm afraid I couldn't find an image of that.

tubes-dining-table-.jpg
(19.66 KiB)
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby MY63 » 10 Apr 2020, 09:35

Yes Malcolm that is ideal the hospital engineers are going to put it together on Monday or Tuesday.
It is getting very busy round here factories starting production today. I am going to retire all over again when it is over. when there is a press release I will share it you wont see me very much a background guy :)
MY63
Old Oak

Postby Woodster » 10 Apr 2020, 10:42

That’s a good idea Malcolm. Where I worked many years ago we had very large tables made from square steel tube with plastic connectors. Tops were melamine faced chipboard. They were still in use over twenty years later. Easily assembled and taken apart with a soft face hammer.

https://www.rosscastors.co.uk/25-x-25mm ... jAQAvD_BwE
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby MY63 » 10 Apr 2020, 22:16

Thanks for the ideas plans are drawn being made over the next few days.
MY63
Old Oak

Return to Projects & WIP