It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:54

Green Oak frame Orangerie Conservatory WIP (very pic heavy)

This is where we don't want anything but evidence of your finest wood butchering in all its glorious, and photograph laden glory. Bring your finished products or WIP's, we love them all, so long as there's pictures, and plenty of 'em!

Re: Green Oak frame Orangerie Conservatory WIP (very pic hea

Postby pb427pete » 02 Feb 2015, 09:40

I think i am right in saying that any conservatory that is separated from the original house by way of external doors is exempt from building regs.
However as soon as you take the doors off it becomes an extension which is then subject to building regs and more importantly the thermal standards part, which most conservatories don't get anywhere near meeting. This obviously needs to be looked at before buying or selling a house as technically the council could come and tell you to rip it all down as it's not approved.
Pete B
pb427pete
Seedling

Name: Pete B

Postby Wizard9999 » 02 Feb 2015, 13:54

wizard9999 wrote:Alex, fantastic job, lots amazing.

Like Andy I wonder re comment on replacing doors and window to sell, is that a building regs thing?

Terry.

pb427pete wrote:I think i am right in saying that any conservatory that is separated from the original house by way of external doors is exempt from building regs.
However as soon as you take the doors off it becomes an extension which is then subject to building regs and more importantly the thermal standards part, which most conservatories don't get anywhere near meeting. This obviously needs to be looked at before buying or selling a house as technically the council could come and tell you to rip it all down as it's not approved.

Alex

Apologies if I have taken this thread in the wrong direction, I now recall you said you really didn't want to get into planning / buildings regs questions.

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Postby pb427pete » 02 Feb 2015, 17:36

My apologies for going off topic, Terry is right this thread should not dwell on what the regs say and should just concentrate on the fantastic structure you have produced.
Pete B
pb427pete
Seedling

Name: Pete B

Postby 9fingers » 02 Feb 2015, 17:55

pb427pete wrote:My apologies for going off topic, Terry is right this thread should not dwell on what the regs say and should just concentrate on the fantastic structure you have produced.

Pete, normally we would be fine about discussing building regs here - after all that is how we learn. But Alex made a comment early on about not wanting to get into a regs discussion and hence Terrys comment respecting Alex's wishes.

I'm still in awe of what he has produced :text-bravo: :text-coolphotos: :text-goodpost: etc

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Wizard9999 » 02 Feb 2015, 20:03

pb427pete wrote:My apologies for going off topic, Terry is right this thread should not dwell on what the regs say and should just concentrate on the fantastic structure you have produced.

Pete

Wasn't you who took this off topic it was me!

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Postby billybuntus » 02 Feb 2015, 20:36

Very nice work. I bet you were glad to get it finished.

Did you say you've used plasterboard for the soffits? Or have I misread?
billybuntus
New Shoots

Name:

Postby fiveeyes » 07 Feb 2015, 02:28

Just finished this WIP, and I must say..WOW.. :text-bravo:
fiveeyes
Sapling

Name:

Previous

Return to Projects & WIP