It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 20:28

The builder's are coming - Catch-up time

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: The builder's are coming - Catch-up time

Postby RogerS » 13 Sep 2017, 14:48

TrimTheKing wrote:Good to know! I am in the process of ordering a new one and it is between them and tankdepot. I'll check again who I am liking the most in terms of price...

What make have you gone for, Titan?

Cheers
Mark

It's not Fuel Tank Shop's fault but the delivery company that the manufacturer uses who are Deso...who were extremely good in dealing with the possible damage caused during delivery. No quibbles. Straight swap out. No debate. So I'd recommend Deso. Just not their bloody delivery company.

I've gone for a single skin tank. 1250 litres. Low profile. I originally planned to go for a larger tank thinking that there was a discount over 1000 litres. Not so. So no point in wasting money getting a larger tank. Also means that I don't have to faff about sticking some stones on top of the dry-stone wall.
Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
RogerS
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 13 Sep 2017, 15:09

I've read good things about Deso, they're a very small company apparently.

Why have you gone single skin and not bunded...?

If you use places like weboil.co.uk or boilerjuice.com I have ALWAYS got a much better price on over 1000 l, which is partly why I went for a 2500 l tank, to buy in bulk and also to run out less often...

Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby RogerS » 13 Sep 2017, 15:23

TrimTheKing wrote:I've read good things about Deso, they're a very small company apparently.

Why have you gone single skin and not bunded...? price

If you use places like weboil.co.uk or boilerjuice.com I have ALWAYS got a much better price on over 1000 l, which is partly why I went for a 2500 l tank, to buy in bulk and also to run out less often...
Whenever I checked these companies at our last place I always got a lower price going direct. I'm hoping with all my insulation that I won't need the heating on that much ;)
Cheers
Mark
RogerS
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 14 Sep 2017, 14:58

RogerS wrote:
TrimTheKing wrote:I've read good things about Deso, they're a very small company apparently.

Why have you gone single skin and not bunded...? price

Whenever I checked these companies at our last place I always got a lower price going direct. I'm hoping with all my insulation that I won't need the heating on that much ;)
Cheers
Mark
The phrase * up and brewery springs to mind. New tank just delivered but neither driver nor his office had any instructions to take away the damaged tank!

So emailed them to say I will be dragging the damaged tank off our property and leave it by the side of the road.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk
RogerS
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 17 Sep 2017, 13:03

TrimTheKing wrote:.... partly why I went for a 2500 l tank, to buy in bulk and also to run out less often...

Cheers
Mark

May have made a mistake here. The oil delivery driver said that any frost/ice/snow on the hill up to our plateau then he'd never make it. So I need to make sure that we keep topped up. Easier to do with a 2500 litre tank.
RogerS
Old Oak

Name:

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat