It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:26

Neff is Naff. Dont buy from them.

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Neff is Naff. Dont buy from them.

Postby RogerS » 17 Jan 2018, 17:55

Tearing my hair out as their sheet of 'installation' instructions are a bit like Egyptian hieroglyphics. Couple that with another piece of paper that contradicts the first and you're screwed.

Now factor in NAFF's customer service. 'We can't give you that information due to Health and Safety. We can only advise that you go and speak to an installer'. WTF ?

And the information I was asking...(due to NAFF contradicting itself...) ? How high are you meant to raise the dishwasher underneath the worktop ?

One document says all the way...which looks as if the door will then foul...or the other document that has the dishwasher on the floor and spacers above it.

Cretins. Morons. Numpties. Idiots. ******* *****

DON'T BUY NAFF
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Neff is Naff. Dont buy from them.

Postby Robert » 17 Jan 2018, 23:20

Our Neff dishwasher sits on an offcut of kitchen worktop from what was the old kitchen so 38mm melamine stuff. As fitted by the kitchen companies installer.

It is hard up against the underside of the new worktop with what looks like a rubber/silicone trim seal trapped between washer and worktop. The cabinet door is just fixed on flush at the top with the washer door. I'd guess the clearance between door top and worktop underside is about 5mm.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby Rod » 18 Jan 2018, 01:14

Our dishwasher sits up tight to the underside of the worktop.
Our Neff appliances are great.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 18 Jan 2018, 07:30

Thanks guys for the information.

NAFF hieroglyphics are hopeless. In one image they show the D/W hard up against the worktop. In another, there is a distinct gap. The hieroglyphic sheet which doubles as a door fitting guide would, if you believed one of the other boxes, end up halfway 'inside' the worktop. And then they supply a second sheet showing the D/W mounted on the floor with a very large gap filled with a couple of bracing bars between the D/W and the worktop.

To be fair to them they have a wee box with a crossed out image of a drill going through the finger grip on a handless door to alert you.

In the final analysis I threw away the hieroglyphics and went back to basics. Looked at where the door sat on the adjacent cabinet, then worked out where the D/W needed to be in relation to the screw holes in its door corresponding with missing the fingerless grip in the frontal. That then dictated the height of the D/W which left a gap pf about 30cm at the top. Their supplied flimsy brackets screwed to the cabinets on either side (that was a lucky break to have those in place) and a couple of folding wedges lightly siliconed in place at the back to give extra protection against the possibility of it tipping forward. Will need to check the door opening vs the kickers although I'm not averse to trimming a bit of the kicker board - which Naff suggest
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 18 Jan 2018, 09:37

The kicker board/plinth has been cut down by about 15mm to clear the opening door.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Woodster » 18 Jan 2018, 11:25

Rod wrote:Our dishwasher sits up tight to the underside of the worktop.

Rod

Yes, same with ours. We had NEFF in our old house where I installed a new double oven and a dishwasher. Installation was very straightforward. Our current NEFF dishwasher is snugged up under the counter so the attached door is aligned with all the other cupboard doors. Not sure how you can get this wrong? ;)
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 18 Jan 2018, 12:18

Woodster wrote:
Rod wrote:Our dishwasher sits up tight to the underside of the worktop.

Rod

.... Not sure how you can get this wrong? ;)

See above post !
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 21 Jan 2018, 15:43

Jeepers...just fired it up to do a trial wash. I've never heard a noisier dishwasher in my life ! Sounds like a bloody paddle steamer going into maximum reverse.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 21 Jan 2018, 17:26

RogerS wrote:Jeepers...just fired it up to do a trial wash. I've never heard a noisier dishwasher in my life ! Sounds like a bloody paddle steamer going into maximum reverse.

Ha! You have not heard me washing up. I sometimes sing along to the radio! :lol:

Never found the need for a machine to do it for only 3 people in the house.
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby RogerS » 21 Jan 2018, 18:30

9fingers wrote:
RogerS wrote:Jeepers...just fired it up to do a trial wash. I've never heard a noisier dishwasher in my life ! Sounds like a bloody paddle steamer going into maximum reverse.

Ha! You have not heard me washing up. I sometimes sing along to the radio! :lol:

Bob

Me neither but LOML likes them. I'm always happy to wash up.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodster » 21 Jan 2018, 19:37

Miele are supposed to make the quietest dishwashers but they are about double the price ...

All white goods should be in a utility room where they can’t be heard, that’s what I’d do if only I had the space!
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 21 Jan 2018, 21:01

Run it over night.
Our Bosch is very quiet - hard to tell it’s actually running.
Even though it takes a couple of days to fill it most times, wouldn’t be without one especially when we are cooking for the family or dinner parties.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Phil » 22 Jan 2018, 08:08

9fingers wrote:

Bob

Ours is fully automatic. 8-)

Washes, rinses, drys and packs it all away.
It's called a Phil's-two hands-washer. :lol:
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat