It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:09

Lidl Vac

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Lidl Vac

Postby MY63 » 15 Jul 2019, 19:01

I am still looking for a suitable extraction system my local Axminister store has a large extractor which may well require an extension on my workshop the other drawback is it is £300.

Lidl have this vac from Thursday
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl. ... leId=23772
I was thinking of making a Thien baffle

As ever I would appreciate your opinions
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

Re: Lidl Vac

Postby Malc2098 » 15 Jul 2019, 19:29

Michael, I got the Aldi equivalent a couple fo years ago, £20 cheaper. I only use the big extractor for my table saw, my planer/thicknesser, and the big bandsaw. Everything else I use the aldi one. It also has the appliance plug on it so it starts automatically when you switch the power tool on.

If the Lidl has got that, I'd go for it.

M
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby DaveL » 15 Jul 2019, 20:07

I have one that is very similar, blue not yellow and the controls are different, label says Workzone which I think came from Aldi. It works well for all my portable tools, I do have a mini cyclone on a bucket which does save cleaning the filter quite so quickly.
That one should be a good shop vac and the price look good if it has the power tool start feature.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby RogerS » 17 Jul 2019, 15:13

Michael, given what you've said in the past I'd be very surprised if you really needed an extractor. When I started out woodworking, although I had a small planer and a small thicknesser, the amount of chippings that I created were easily catered for with a vacuum.

You are right in that some form of cyclone would be much better to go between machine and vacuum.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby MY63 » 17 Jul 2019, 17:00

Thanks guys very much appreciated I plan to be there early tomorrow in case they only have one or two units.

There seems to be many cyclones around on the internet with prices from £10 to £50 is there anything to look out for.
MY63
Old Oak

Postby Woodbloke » 18 Jul 2019, 15:07

MY63 wrote:
There seems to be many cyclones around on the internet with prices from £10 to £50 is there anything to look out for.

They're all basically clones of the 'Dust Deputy', more or less the same size and all work in the same way. Pick the cheapest one that fits your requirements and give it a whirl. I've got one stuck on the front end of my Numatic NVD 750 which is fantastic! The collection container below the cyclone must have an air tight lid or it won't work properly - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby MY63 » 18 Jul 2019, 15:30

Thanks Rob I got a vac this morning and will find a cyclone and order it. There is a 30 litre plastic barrel on amazon for £16 that looks like it may do the job it is offered as an addition to a dust deputy which is £40 not buying that.
MY63
Old Oak

Postby Woodbloke » 18 Jul 2019, 15:48

MY63 wrote: There is a 30 litre plastic barrel on amazon for £16 that looks like it may do the job....

You don't need anything fancy; anything will do the job as long as it's got an air tight lid. I use an old fish food bucket but you could also use a big emulsion paint container (need to clean it out first of all :D ) Granted they're a bit on the small side, but I only use mine for power tool dust collection etc so it's only ever small stuff that gets sucked up - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby sammy.se » 18 Jul 2019, 20:15

Woodbloke wrote:
MY63 wrote: There is a 30 litre plastic barrel on amazon for £16 that looks like it may do the job....

You don't need anything fancy; anything will do the job as long as it's got an air tight lid. I use an old fish food bucket but you could also use a big emulsion paint container (need to clean it out first of all :D ) Granted they're a bit on the small side, but I only use mine for power tool dust collection etc so it's only ever small stuff that gets sucked up - Rob
Yep. I use an old paint bucket. Great for DIY dust and debris

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
sammy.se
New Shoots

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat