It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:19

What would you do?

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

What would you do?

Postby RogerS » 25 Apr 2015, 08:31

I ordered some flap wheels off eBay last Sunday. I needed them during the week.

Unluckily, they use Yodel. Yodel, as in 'we are redefining the standards for non-delivery'.

Two days now it's been flagged up as 'Out for delivery' but it never shows up as we are right at the end of the drivers route and chances are if there's nothing else in the immediate vicinity then it's so easy for the man with a white van to say 'address not found' and sling it back to the depot.

But, there is satnav. I have given Yodel my mobile number in case of difficulty. So 'address not found' is not a valid reason IMO.

I see it is out yet again for delivery today. If it is the same driver as the previous two days I am tempted to tell him to shove it and refuse delivery. The need has now gone and/or I can get them from elsewhere in the future.

What would you do ?
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: What would you do?

Postby Robert » 25 Apr 2015, 09:14

When I saw ebay in the first line I thought this was going to be about a different kind of non delivery.

I've been experiencing non delivery from ebay trade sellers - people who sell products continuously. I think it is a tactic to avoid bad feedback...

I ordered 20 lampholders to redo my garden lights. Seller advises despatch next day. Week later nothing arrives. Contact seller and ask where are goods. Seller says give it a few more days and we will resend if no delivery. still no goods. sellers says sorry out of stock now can you wait? reply no, get refund no chance to leave negative feedback and seller kept the chance of a sale when he did have more to sell.

Happened a few times now and with amazon sellers too. I'm sure goods were never sent and its just an out of stock dodge.

Anyway way off topic :)

I'd let them deliver. The effort of fighting ebays system after refusing delivery is not worth it.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Re: What would you do?

Postby Andyp » 25 Apr 2015, 10:50

It seems to be that due to the noise embargo you will not be able to use them today so I suggest you wait in today for them. Maybe take a deck chair and some sarnies to the end of the lane to make sure Yodel do not drive past.

If another no show then cancel, order from Axi and watch the live updates on the DPD website.

Or give them an alternative delivery address of you local pub then sit and wait for them there.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat