It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:40

France - All Blacks

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

France - All Blacks

Postby chataigner » 18 Oct 2015, 09:42

Sobering to think that the french team is one of the top few in the world and were slaughtered by the All Blacks just the same.

My take was that France lacked power, they just seemed to bounce off the defence when trying to run the ball. The All Blacks were brilliant, several times I saw a player tackled and heading for the ground, pull off a one handed pass which was absolutely accurate. Superb play.

Will they win it ?
Cheers !
Chataigner in Périgord-Limousin National park
http://www.rue-darnet.fr
chataigner
Old Oak

Name: David

Re: France - All Blacks

Postby Phil » 18 Oct 2015, 09:58

chataigner wrote:Sobering to think that the french team is one of the top few in the world and were slaughtered by the All Blacks just the same.

My take was that France lacked power, they just seemed to bounce off the defence when trying to run the ball. The All Blacks were brilliant, several times I saw a player tackled and heading for the ground, pull off a one handed pass which was absolutely accurate. Superb play.

Will they win it ?

Could, yes. They are a superb team. Small population, committed and well trained.

Our team won against Wales, but they really didn't shine. If they do get to the final I am not convinced that they will win it again.

The final most likely a Soutern Hemisphere game - the islanders and the convicts.

Cheers
Phil
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Postby Mike G » 18 Oct 2015, 10:45

Phil wrote:......The final most likely a Soutern Hemisphere game - the islanders and the convicts.

Cheers
Phil

Yep.

Don't forget, England did pretty much the same thing to France in last years Six Nations. They may have the most money in the leagues, but their national team just hasn't caught up with the professional era. It's been poor for a few years now, and a very odd game in the last World Cup final masked a whole lot of issues with French rugby.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Andyp » 18 Oct 2015, 12:06

chataigner wrote:Will they win it ?

Undoubtedly
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Mike G » 18 Oct 2015, 13:46

Andyp wrote:
chataigner wrote:Will they win it ?

Undoubtedly

Steady. Those Aussies looked pretty tasty too.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Andyp » 18 Oct 2015, 18:26

Mike G wrote:Steady. Those Aussies looked pretty tasty too.

Do you still think so? Not able to see the match sadly but a last minute penalty for a single point win over the Scots does not convince me.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Mike G » 19 Oct 2015, 21:50

I don't think the Aussies thought they could lose, took it way too easy, played poorly, and only really got interested when there was only a quarter of the match left. Then they got lucky. Scotland are certainly improving, but if Australia had played against them like they played against us, they'd have put a cricket score on the board.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Wizard9999 » 20 Oct 2015, 08:13

I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing the ref from the Australia v Scotland game again this tournament.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat