It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:33

Brexit

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Brexit

Postby Doug » 03 Nov 2016, 21:08

RogerS wrote:
Doug wrote:From what I've read there is a very great fear within government & further afield about mass civil unrest should article 50 be delayed too long or not evoked at all.

It's not in our psyche to take to the streets. OK - you get some anarchists, but most Brits are pretty stoical, I think.

Looks like they are trying to lay the ground works.https://voteleaveuk.com/2016/11/03/if-p ... ce-brexit/
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby tracerman » 04 Nov 2016, 18:18

I'm pretty much glued to BBC 24 hour news from about 0600 every day ,several times during the day , and lastly at around 23.30-midnight . And when I get bored I look at BBC Parliament . Despite this , there are some things about the workings of parliament on which I'm not clear - if/when our MP's vote on Article 50 will it be laced in some way with "lets not do it yet " , or " lets not do it at all " , will we get to know which MP's stabbed the Leavers in the back ? or will it be a secret ballot ? . That article from the Democratic Party is pretty damming against Theresa May but I don't think she has a hidden agenda and frankly , even the economics of leaving the EU are going to pale into insignifigance compared with the political minefield and complexities of Scotland trying to remain , and Wales , who knows , and Northern Ireland's border conundrum . Mrs May needs to be getting on with those problems , not be distracted by this nonsense about whether we might remain after all . If the Remainers get their way it will be the biggest political disgrace in modern history . This is only the beginning of the beginning , lets just get on with it .

Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Postby RogerS » 04 Nov 2016, 18:33

This sums up what has been achieved to date.

or alternatively ...

I'm thrilled to bits that I'm now paying 10p a litre more for my diesel and that going abroad now is not really affordable.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 04 Nov 2016, 19:02

You can't please all the people all the time Roger! :lol:
I for one am far better off since 23rd June.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby RogerS » 04 Nov 2016, 19:13

9fingers wrote:....

Bob

How so? Did you short sterling ?
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 04 Nov 2016, 19:23

I think that it is more of a

I said way back that Brexit will be used as the excuse for the fall or rise in anything and everything. Fuel prices have risen here too since the low in the summer. More to do with events in mid east,asia and russia methinks.

I am quite enjoying shopping in the UK :D
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Pinch » 04 Nov 2016, 19:29

This is exactly what I meant in the other thread... "I tell you, my blood is boiling, especially since watching the headline news tonight."

Brexit and the High Court.

I thought something like this was going to happen - and this is democracy. It's more like a sham!
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby RogerS » 04 Nov 2016, 19:31

Andyp wrote:......
I am quite enjoying shopping in the UK :D

No debate. The dire fall in the value of sterling against the dollar and Euro is 100% down to Brexit.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 04 Nov 2016, 19:43

Pinch wrote:This is exactly what I meant in the other thread... "I tell you, my blood is boiling, especially since watching the headline news tonight."

I thought something like this was going to happen - and this is democracy. It's more like a sham!

Umm...I thought that Brexiteers wanted sovereignty? They seemed to be banging on about it all the time. With sovereignty comes the law of the land. Exactly what the three High Court judges applied when they reached their Article 50 decision.

So, I'm afraid, Brexiteers...you'll just have to suck it up :D
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 04 Nov 2016, 19:45

Pinch wrote:This is exactly what I meant in the other thread... "I tell you, my blood is boiling, especially since watching the headline news tonight."

I think that all the high court has decided is that parliament must be consulted. What is wrong with that? The alternative is that the PM can make decisions without consulting parliament, is that fair? The MPs will be consulted and, IF a vote is called will, with the exception of the SNP, will go along with the referendum vote.

Caveat, I have not read the details of the court ruling.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby 9fingers » 04 Nov 2016, 19:59

RogerS wrote:
9fingers wrote:....

Bob

How so? Did you short sterling ?

No. No deliberate action on my part. I run my spreadsheet on my net worth (apart from property) once per month just to give me an idea of how things are going. Until some one can tell me how much long term care for SWMBO will cost it is a bit meaningless but I take comfort when it is going up each month!
1 month less to pay out and more to pay it from :lol:
Comparing 1st June to 1st Nov, I'm up 10.16% 1st July- 1st Nov up 7.97%

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Pinch » 04 Nov 2016, 21:24

Come on chaps, we all know the 'big boys & girls' are rolling the dice to suit themselves. Now that has always been the 'Law of the Land' and it always will be.

The game continues.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 05 Nov 2016, 00:43

I've just watch last night's Question Time.

Apart from the 'wearing the poppy' little chat and how the panel all agreed in a weird sort of false redemption (it was almost touching), how poignant it is (smiling at one another in unity) they seem to forget why they're actually wearing them. Yet, they indirectly invented the poppy.

The Brixit argument is a joke! We, as a nation, are a joke! I would imagine the world are laughing at us as a nation. It's embarrassing.

Years ago, I happily abstracted myself from society and lived in the woods for a year, hiding myself from the world and all the corrupt bullsh1t, until someone came along and said "You can't do that!" I was then thrown back into society to live as they do. Question Time, This Week and other political general agenda programmes are all a part of the big plan in making out we have a say. It's utter rubbish. I forgot why I stopped watching these programmes and tonight, I've remembered.

It's a load of ball bags!
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby kirkpoore1 » 05 Nov 2016, 04:41

Pinch wrote:
The Brixit argument is a joke! We, as a nation, are a joke! I would imagine the world are laughing at us as a nation. It's embarrassing.

We're not laughing at you. Well, maybe after next Tuesday we'll laugh at you. Maybe...

Kirk
kirkpoore1
Old Oak

Name: Kirk

Postby Pinch » 05 Nov 2016, 11:05

kirkpoore1 wrote:
Pinch wrote:

We're not laughing at you. Well, maybe after next Tuesday we'll laugh at you. Maybe...

Kirk

Sorry Kirk, I should have said Europe and not the world. :|

Yes, I'm sure the whole world will be watching the US this Tuesday. Good luck. 8-)
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 05 Nov 2016, 11:06

Sorry Chaps - a bit of an outburst last night. I had a bee in my bonnet. :oops:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 05 Nov 2016, 11:21

Pinch wrote:Sorry Chaps - a bit of an outburst last night. I had a bee in my bonnet. :oops:

Paul, If you want to you can always edit previous posts - entirely up to you; although complete deletion can make a nonsense of subsequent responses.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Pinch » 05 Nov 2016, 16:12

Cheers Bob. Yeah, I was going to delete and then I thought it would look a bit odd, so I put my hands up instead with an 'oops sorry'.

There's a 'naughty corner' in our house and I stand in it quite a lot. I'm also forever putting money in the swear box. :|
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 05 Nov 2016, 17:17

Pinch wrote:There's a 'naughty corner' in our house and I stand in it quite a lot. I'm also forever putting money in the swear box. :|

I hear a rumour your missus is a millionaire :D

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Pinch » 06 Nov 2016, 11:34

Andyp wrote:
Pinch wrote:There's a 'naughty corner' in our house and I stand in it quite a lot. I'm also forever putting money in the swear box. :|

I hear a rumour your missus is a millionaire :D

:lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby kirkpoore1 » 09 Nov 2016, 18:32

kirkpoore1 wrote:
Pinch wrote:

Kirk

Nope. Definitely not laughing.

Kirk
kirkpoore1
Old Oak

Name: Kirk

Postby Doug » 09 Nov 2016, 18:39

Sadly like the brexit vote the masses sick of the ruling elite have voted against them & for what they see as change, I doubt either will be happy with the outcomes
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Pinch » 09 Nov 2016, 20:36

One never knows, Don might do some beautiful things!

It's a shame our Boris didn't go for the PM job.
They would have looked good together behind the political podium side by side. :lol:

Pinch
Old Oak

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat